Java Developer - Remote
Posted on: March 19, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY We are seeking mid-level Java Developers
to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Master File project.
The Java Developers will provide development and testing of
software applications on an enterprise server platform, which may
include conducting development, testing, installation and
documentation in support of new or existing software products
within Internal Revenue Service (IRS) organizational components.
Location of work is 100% remote from home.
- Maintain and modify existing software programs and perform
software development, unit testing, and debugging of software code
using Java 8 and above, SQL, Spring Boot and Microservices for
- Develop and deploy Java components or complete application
functionality in JEE environments
- Develop and test software components, and document and diagram
application functionality from business requirements
- Develop unit tests cases, plans and automated tests using Test
- Perform unit testing, integration, and regression testing
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain source code/components, and modify and/or upgrade code
- Write required documentation as directed by IRS development
methodology for JEE components
- Develop custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy
(i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with
service-based Framework infrastructure and services
- Work within a large team environment in short sprints
- Interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers as
well as customers QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required. An additional four (4) years of related experience may
substitute for degree
- At least three (3) years of related experience required
- Strong Core Java 8 (or newer) Development
- Experience implementing JEE solutions with a focus on Spring
Boot, Microservices and business rules PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience using modern development methodology including Agile
and continuous integration
- Experience with Lambda expressions and Generics
- Understanding of design patterns, SOA principles, and core Java
- Working knowledge of web services, service discovery protocol,
messaging protocols (REST, RPC, WS-*, SOAP, Restful etc.), schema
design and JMS or Apache Kafka for event handling.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated
tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level
contributor or specialist
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending GOTS
and COTS products
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of
service-based Framework infrastructure and services
- Knowledge of Life Cycle Support of a software application on
Z/OS and Red Hat Linux system environment
- Experience working with big data or Mongo DB
- Familiar with IBM Database (DB2)/Structured Query Language
- Able to build and deploy applications using Maven, Docker,
Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience working in and a general understanding of Red Hat
- Experience in performance tuning and Clustering JEE application
based platform for Enterprise system (I.E. Tomcat, Weblogic, EAP,
- Experience with Drools Business Rules Management System
- Experience in designing, implementing, and tuning JBoss
products (EAP/EWS, BRMS, Fuse, Fuse SW, JDG, JDV, JON)
- Experience in Mainframes, JCL and executing Java Programs on
- Experience in designing, implementing, and tuning products that
are similar in concept to the JBoss Middleware stack, such as iLog,
Tibco, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.
- Experience in implementing SOA
- Background in managed file transfer, XML Gateway and various
transport protocols (FTP, SFTP, HTTPS, TLS etc.)
- Experience using Rational Team Concert client and Rational
- Experience with IRS Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC), Enterprise
Architecture and IRS policies, procedures, and strategies
- Experience developing Framework infrastructure and services
within one of the SOA and Restful design patterns
- Experience working with Java Sprint technology including Spring
JPA and Spring Batch Additional Requirements as per
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS
Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS
Moderate Risk MBI is a plus)
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
(Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement program and code changes as directed by the Lead Java
- Implement new features and enhancements to existing or new
- Help design new changes or features under the guidance of the
Lead Java Developer.
- Debug and document existing programs as needed.
- Participate in code reviews, to review for correctness and
enforce coding best practices and coding standards.
- Organize and schedule application release activities. MINIMUM
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years
of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or
equivalent work experience.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of
situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Computer Professional Job Profile MAXIMUS INTRODUCTION Since
1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping
Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to
successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across
a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers
innovative business process management and technology solutions
that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels
of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of
government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees
worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the
United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
https://www.maximus.com. EEO STATEMENT EEO Statement: Active
military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates
often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and
bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our
workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and
want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue
making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections
to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families.
If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior
service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or
Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have
challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A
committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status or disabled status. PAY TRANSPARENCY Maximus compensation is
based on various factors including but not limited to job location,
a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and
quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and
internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as
well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component
of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include
short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards.
Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees,
including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance,
a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be
commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An
applicant's salary history will not be used in determining
Keywords: MAXIMUS, Springfield , Java Developer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...