Principal Developer II
Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Responsible for providing strategic consultation in the areas of
development, integration testing, domain architecture, and high
level project roadmaps to implement solutions for a variety of IT
initiatives and projects for business and customer facing
telecommunications systems. Also, responsible for hands on design,
development, and implementation of information technology systems
using specific language based technologies within the designated
framework, as well as consulting with project owners to resolve
issues regarding operations, implementations, and system
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Lead strategically complex and critical projects that involve
several technical systems and constituents.
- Provide strategic consultation to development, architecture,
and implementation of key business applications (to include billing
and provisioning systems, web applications, and internal/external
- Estimate Scope of Work and Level of Effort.
- Write code (web application/software/application) for various
project assignments and give recommendations to peer review coding
- Perform unit and integration testing and provide
recommendations to peer teams and leadership on best practices and
solutions from test case results.
- Work with peers in a consultative manner to design and
configure customer-based systems and applications and advise
project teams on architecture, strategy, and other ancillary IT
processes (to include networking, security, governance, quality
assurance, database/server administration).
- Collaborate in setting strategies and tactical implementing
procedures for all aspects of a project within the software
- Provide technical guidance and solutions on issues, defects,
and project deliverables.
- Triage defects, and project deliverables on analyses to
diagnose and fix operational difficulty.
- Influence and recommend system design by identifying and
recommending design and requirements needs for business and
customer facing applications (web application, software,
- Troubleshoot to resolve incidents and problems for production
applications (web services, billing, service
activation/provisioning) to adhere to requirements under identified
Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in web/web API development,
domain architecture, industry tools and trends in order to give
strategic recommendation and provide technical support to these
areas as needed.
- Coach and mentor developers by advising on writing code and
- Build strong deep partnerships with those in the department and
within the broader organization; even other business units to solve
challenges and issues.
- Drive team's deliverables in the development strategy in
concert with organization's outcomes and objective. Provide
integral support, coaching, and direction to both senior leadership
and employees in managing the technical delivery results of
employees assigned to project.
- Facilitate continuous performance improvement sessions and
recommend opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Organize and perform routine operating system and application
deployments in lower environments.
- Must be able to attend meetings that include business owners
and speak with authority on issues relating to the Projects and
Programs. This communication may require non-technical
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Extensive knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) &
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with Spring
framework (Spring Boot).
- Extensive knowledge of language based programming (i.e. Java,
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and writing shell
- Extensive Knowledge of message broker technologies (i.e. Kafka,
- Extensive knowledge of web services development both Restful
- Extensive knowledge of Tomcat server
- Extensive knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks and continuous
- Extensive knowledge of Maven
- Extensive knowledge of Micro-services architecture required
- Extensive knowledge of Git version control system
- Extensive knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology
- Extensive knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Extensive knowledge of network devices and basic network
- Extensive knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Knowledge of at least three development languages (Java 8,
Angular, Hadoop, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least three development or test automation
tools (ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least three development frameworks (Struts,
Spring MVC, Spring Security, JQuery, AXIS 2.0, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure technologies and
- Basic knowledge of business rules and workflow orchestration
engines is desirable (i.e. Camunda, Pega)
- Demonstrated in-depth ability to work autonomously without
direction to drive projects to completion.
- Demonstrated in-depth ability to lead technically, drive
progress, and solve complex problems throughout the software
development life cycle.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and
non-technical audiences up to the senior leadership/C suite
- Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve
complex technical problems to provide outside the box
- Ability to perform duties in a dynamic technological
environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
IT Work experience designing/configuring systems/applications
working - 10+
in development (restful service development, micro services,
IT Work experience working with Relational Databases (SQL based)
(experience should be commensurate with working in several areas of
IT to understand a generalist perspective of the end to end
lifecycle of a system) - 8+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
Experience working in Telecommunications industry
Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple
Office environment ISW703 307811-1 307811BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Springfield , Principal Developer II, IT / Software / Systems , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!