Technical Program Manager
Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Responsible for managing all aspects of highly complex,
enterprise-wide, multi discipline technical program(s) consisting
of multiple projects where some or all of them maybe agile. Ensures
successful integration of several projects and adjusts project
scope, timing, plans/agile processes and budgets as needed, based
on the needs of the business. Technical projects may include
network, server or software implementation and upgrades or other
projects similar in nature. This job requires extensive technical,
project management and agile project experience and management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to
develop program strategy, supporting business case and various
high-level project plans.
- Ensures integration of multi discipline technical projects and
adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets, based on the needs of
the business and working with the existing team process (waterfall,
- Understand in depth the agile process and how to adapt it to
any particular team. Has experience with large agile programs and
- Able to plan, organize and run Product Increment planning
events (PI Planning) as part of the Product Management life
- Experience combining Agile and Waterfall teams and
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends
solutions/best practices to improve technical processes and to
alleviate process inaccuracy and duplication.
- Serve as a mentor to project managers and project leaders to
educate and assist them with implementing project management and
agile processes and making improvement/changes.
- Accountable for the creation and execution of project
management and agile processes and methodologies to ensure delivery
of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or
exceeding quality standards and customer expectations.
- Accountable for plans and teamwork assignments, directing work
efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, agile processes,
escalating and communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of
quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as
- Communicates with leadership and other stakeholders on program
strategy, direction and changes.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the
project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic
and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and
recommending adjustments to Project Managers, Scrum Masters,
Product Owners and Product Managers.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to
identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development
and implementation of the technical program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced knowledge of full life-cycle product development (i.e.
product engineering, deployment and integration)
- Advanced knowledge of Agile processes, Scaled Agile process and
Product Increment Planning events
- Demonstrated aptitude and understanding of the technical
aspects and capabilities of the organization
- Ability to keep up with advancements in technical product
- Ability to work independently with no supervision and
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Ability to show judgement and initiative to accomplish job
- Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and
- Ability to make decisions and solve complex problems by taking
broad perspective to identify solutions
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and
- Ability to oversee and manage large, complex, diverse and
strategic multi discipline technical projects that impact the
organization as a whole
- Ability in implementing technical program and project plans and
monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Advanced understanding and ability to manage complex technical
program and project budgets
- Advanced knowledge in conducting risk assessments and
developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or
related field, or equivalent experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Technical Project Management experience 8+
IT or Engineering work experience 8+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Scrum Master experience
Release Train Engineer experience
Project Management certification or successful completion of a
recognized project management curriculum
Office Environment KGN602 310113 310113BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Springfield , Technical Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!