Sr Java Software Developer - Full Stack
Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Designs, develops, modifies, enhances and implements software
systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives.
Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a
mastery of development tools. Works in most phases of a project and
reviews work of less experienced staff members. Performs
maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on
existing software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to
ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to
- Designs and writes programs according to functional and
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with
- Reviews and provides input into development standards.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Serves as final escalation point to resolve incidents and
problems for production applications and web services supported by
the team in accordance with identified Service Level
- Collaborates with internal customers, technical and
architecture teams to solve complex software problems.
- Provides general system users and management with system
analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design
and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by
implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to
discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating
with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational issues, as
well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features
- Follows established configuration/change control processes.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system
performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete
information when evaluating alternatives and making
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design
innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and
deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and
contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field
and computer systems
- Effective communication skills (written, interpersonal,
presentation), with the ability to effectively interact and
negotiate with business stakeholders
- Effective ability to pick up complex concepts and processes
- Proven leadership abilities including ability to share
knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead on the most complex
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or
equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Experience with major DBMS - 6+ yrs
Experience with coding, testing and design - 6+ yrs
Experience with software development methodologies - 6+ yrs
Office environment ISW353 302971 302971BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Springfield , Sr Java Software Developer - Full Stack, IT / Software / Systems , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!