Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: November 23, 2021
JOB SUMMARYDesign, develop, modify, and implement applications
and/or services designed to support organization's applications.
This position will code and perform unit and integration testing of
software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to
business and technical requirementsMAJOR DUTIES AND
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Write code and programs in Java and perform unit and
integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient
execution and adherence to business and technical
- Serve as secondary escalation point to resolve incidents and
problems for production applications and web services supported by
the team in accordance with identified Service Level
- Collaborate with customers, internal and cross-departmental
technical teams to identify software problems and communicate
- Collaborate in code review sessions with leadership to validate
adherence with development standards.
- Collaborate in peer review code sessions.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Generate a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data
through database management, data administration and data
- Provide general system users and management with system
analysis and feedback.
- Influence system design by identifying and recommending design
and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Recommend efficiencies of the various software systems by
implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software
- Participate in continuous performance improvement sessions to
discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Analyze and resolve computer related problems by coordinating
with internal team members (project management, architects, and
system administrators) to diagnose and fix operational difficulty,
as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized
features and functions.
- Follow established configuration/change control processes.
- May perform other duties as assigned.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience with Java programming (Java 8 currently used)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles and
software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of measures and/or indicators of Java/Java 8 system
performance and the actions needed to improve/correct performance,
relative to the system goals.
- Knowledge of industry tools/ trends in web development and/or
web API development.
- Knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) & prototypal
- Knowledge Git version control system
- Basic experience with Maven
- Basic experience with Spring boot
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal,
presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact
and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Ability to apply creative/lateral and abstract thinking skills
to solve complex technical problems and envision/design innovative
solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and
deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and
contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete
information when evaluating alternatives and making
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage
individual tasksEducationBA/BS in Information Technology, Computer
Science, related field or equivalent work experienceRelated Work
- 3+ years of IT Work experience designing/configuring
systems/applications working in Java restful service development
(current version Java 8 used)
- 3+ years of IT Work experience working with Relational
Databases (SQL based)
- Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple
- Experience working in Telecommunications industry a plus
- StacksWORKING CONDITIONSOffice environment ISW301 296863
Keywords: Spectrum, Springfield , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!