Sr Windows Systems Administrator, IS
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.At Edward
Jones we are developing the suite of next-generation end user
computing solutions to meet the evolving needs of our associates
while supporting our growing business. The End User Computing Sr.
Systems Administrator will play an integral role in identifying new
technologies and strategies for supporting the end point devices in
the Firm. Frequent updates to Operating Systems, Browser
technologies, and Group Policy settings keep Edward Jones on the
edge of the latest features and capabilities of the tools we
support. The Sr. Systems Administrator will be part of a team
responsible for managing and supporting over 60,000 end user
computing devices in locations across North America.
This position will support efforts related to the implementation of
OS, browser and software delivery capabilities. Associate will lead
troubleshooting efforts to remediate branch issues. This associate
will play a crucial role in the delivery of the Digital Workspace
Strategy and the implementation of enhanced endpoint
logging/monitoring/performance management solutions which will
ultimately lead to improved associate productivity and
satisfaction. This associate will be critical in unwinding IE
browser dependencies and enabling modern browser capabilities.
- Independently design, assemble, configure, install, maintain
and tune complex infrastructure components associated to the
specific IS department.
- Plan and execute initiatives for improving operational
efficiencies through automation and/or enhancement of end user
- Assist with technical development and mentoring of team
- Debug and correct complex internal and external infrastructure
- Conduct peer walkthroughs to assure quality of designs and
- Provide all levels of support for assigned systems, including
rotating assignment to provide 24x7 on-call coverage and monitoring
system logs and messages.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years or more experience in supporting Windows
desktops in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with administering Windows on virtual desktops (VDI)
using either Citrix or VMware is preferred.
- Experience with supporting virtual private networks in an
- Develop, test, and deploy software packages in a Windows
- Knowledge of Windows development\\scripting languages (.NET,
C#, VB Script, Powershell, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working with enterprise-class software
distribution tools (SCCM preferred).
- Experience in supporting Browser technologies including
Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, group policy and extension
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem diagnosis using
various market tools such as Window Error Reporting, ProcMon,
Fiddler, and WireShark.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) targeted at a wide
array of audiences.
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For- list.
- From FORTUNE -2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified- organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.At
Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. to learn more about our total compensation
approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes
benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this
role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills,
experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential
Salary: $75962 - $129341
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Springfield , Sr Windows Systems Administrator, IS, IT / Software / Systems , Collinsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!