F-15 Lead Software Test Engineer
Location: East Carondelet
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years
of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and
supporting logistics information systems.We have over 800 employees
worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative,
and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence
solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and
government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries,
including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.This role
will be a lead the Test Team of the F-15/T-38 Mission Planning
Organization to ensure the delivery of quality products to the
United States Air Force (USAF) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS)
customers. The role will also be an integral part of the migration
to the next generation mission planning system over the next five
years. Specifically, test driven development and the introduction
of automated testing.Title: F-15 Lead Software Test EngineerReq:
000#######4Location: Maryland Heights, MoPosition Summary:Lead the
Development and execution of detailed test procedures in support of
the F-15/T-38 Mission Planning program. Develops software
verification plans, test procedures and test environments,
executing the test procedures and documenting test results to
ensure software system requirements are met. Develops, selects,
tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
Understands user requirements and needs and has the ability to
triage and troubleshoot defects.Essential Functions:
- Train, task, and review the work of junior test engineers.
- Provides subject matter expertise on software testing
methodologies and processes to other technical and support
- Develops and maintains test plans for software products.
- Develops and maintains test procedures for software
- Teach others to Develop and maintain test plans and
- Performs integration testing on software products.
- Performs formal qualification testing on software
- Documents test results for integration testing and formal
- Debriefs test team to evaluate test performance and obtains
authorization to break/alter configuration.
- Prepares special test procedures to support failure
- Develops the plan for the next test activities or events based
- Authorizes reallocation, disposition or refurbishment of test
articles and assets.
- Supports the development and verification of test methods.
- Develops test plans to identify test approach, resources (e.g.,
people, capital, facilities), schedules and cost estimates that
meet applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
- Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and
configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize
risk within the constraints of the test plan.
- Develop automated test procedures.
- Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer
- Reviews software, including off-nominal data, for accuracy and
- Gathers information from sources such as specifications,
technology experts, contracts, test plans and system engineering to
define complex test requirements, facilities and test articles in
accordance with applicable program Statement of Work (SOW) and
regulatory requirements as a basis for test planning.
- Performs test in accordance with approved test plan/procedure
and applicable policies.
- Troubleshoots and addresses anomalies.
- Makes decisions based on emergent conditions.
- Collects data for processing as required.
- Defines and oversees test configuration work by providing work
instructions and detailed change information.
- Coordinates the integration of test specific hardware and
validates conformance to test specifications.
- Conducts test readiness reviews, safety reviews and
data/control systems checkout to minimize risks.
- Performs calibrations and system check-out/validation to
satisfy test requirements.
- Develops and validates software for data acquisition and
- Prepares complex daily execution plans for effective use of all
- Presents test results internally.
- Documents and reports lessons learned and performance metrics
to improve future testing and makes recommendations to improve
- Archives data and reports as required.
- May construct, document and check out code by utilizing
software development environment tools and programming languages in
order to implement test scripts.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- For all phases of the software life cycle: develops, selects,
tailors and deploys processes and tools; establish metrics; and
utilizes regulations and industry standards.
- Supports operational and integration issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Security Clearance This
position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for
which the US Government requires, among other things, US
Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance
Post-Start is requiredRequired Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional
- 3+ years of experience in software test procedure development,
test execution, and test reporting
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software
Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical
- 1+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework or Agile
MethodologiesPreferred Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with the use or development of automated
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as
Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOpsTypical Education and/or
Experience Qualifications: Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position does not offer relocation.
Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies. All information
provided will be checked and may be verified.Please apply ASAP for
this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Associated topics: performance test, process, prevent, prevention,
quality, quality assurance, quality assurance engineer, software
quality, software quality engineer, software quality assurance
Keywords: Boeing, Springfield , F-15 Lead Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , East Carondelet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!