Athletic Trainer - Ortho Walk In
Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for serving as a clinical
and educational resource for staff, students, and physicians.
Responsible for providing quality care to patients of all ages
through the proper utilization of assessment, planning,
implementation and instruction.
Reports to the Operations Manager
- Communicate with physicians and NP/PAs regarding patient
- Demonstrate the ability to perform injury assessment, treatment
as set forth by the National Athletic Training Association Board of
Certification and Illinois Department of Professional
- Demonstrate proper bracing and fitting of athletic
- Perform Cast work.
- Coordinate DME including inventory and restocking.
- When a physician has prescribed treatments, the athletic
trainer will carry out the treatments as prescribed.
- Demonstrate appropriate delegation of duties, judgment, safety,
initiative and flexibility in scheduling, organizational skills,
and appropriate time management.
- Maintain professional mannerism.
- Maintain clean, neat, orderly work environment.
- Attempt to provide for patient comfort and modesty.
- Communicate tactfully in person or by telephone.
- Economically utilize supplies.
- Help maintain equipment and notify the Director of
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training &
accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to SC Way
customer service philosophy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Athletic Training
- Licensed by the State of Illinois
- Certification through the athletic trainers Board of
Certification (BOC) preferred.
- Preferred to be a member of the National Athletic Trainers
- CPR certification per AHA guidelines required within 30 days of
- Must maintain valid Illinois driver's license.
- Extensive walking, standing, kneeling and heavy lifting.
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Springfield , Athletic Trainer - Ortho Walk In, Human Resources , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!