Food Service Utility Associate
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 6, 2021
This position exists to fill vacancy in a variety of areas
including room service dining, catering, cafeteria and caf .
Employees perform a combination of tasks in preparing,
transporting, serving and cleaning in order to provide quality food
and service to patients and retail customers. Responsible for
quick, accurate, and courteous service, and resolution of customer
concerns. The position is responsible for associated sanitation,
cleaning and infection control practices that ensure food safety.
Requires knowledge of basic food safety, infection control and
sanitation; and good customer service skills, including service
recovery. Works under direct supervision of team leader or area
- High School education or GED preferred.
- One or more years experience in food service preferred.
- Service oriented, one-year experience in position dealing with
the public preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of food sanitation, health hazards, and
the necessary precautionary measures.
- Ability to push, pull, and transport up to 30 lbs. and
stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task while working on multiple
- Interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers, medical
staff, patients, team leaders and management.
- Ability to read and write, follow verbal and written
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication and customer
- Complete setup, stock and sanitation of workstations following
- Accurately assemble patient meals to order.
- Deliver patient meals and nourishments accurately and in a
timely manner, according to proper procedures.
- Respond to patient requests for personal/nursing care by
alerting the appropriate staff to assist the patient.
- Identify situations that may indicate a violation or infraction
of food service/room service policies and report to management
- Adequately inventory nursing units for bulk nourishments and
- Deliver and stock bulk nourishments on nursing units as
- Rotate food stock based on use by dates following standard
- Retrieve soiled trays from nursing units in a timely manner.
- Perform sanitation duties according to department procedures,
including but not limited to recording of food temperatures and
sanitizer test logs.
- Demonstrate use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Identify and respond appropriately to patient and customer
- Prepare, replenish and serve a variety of foods.
- Transport food, supplies and equipment as directed.
- Safely operate a variety of food service equipment including
but not limited to Panini grill, turbo chef oven, indication cook
top, meat slicer, food processor, immersion blender, tomato slicer,
garbage disposal, pulper, and dish machine.
- Record appropriate information on various documents per
department procedure including but not limited to production
sheets, food waste evaluation form, catering inventory sheets,
deposit tapes, and cash drawer verification log.
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as answering telephone,
using vocera, operating cash register, and money handling.
Associated topics: cleanliness, dish, dishwasher, housekeeping,
limpieza de cocina, service assistant, steward, stewarding,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Food Service Utility Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!