Behavioral Health Consultant, Oncology
Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Operates within the Memorial Behavioral Health and Memorial Health
System mission, vision, strategic priorities and goals. Provides
diagnostic and therapeutic outpatient services to adult and/or
pediatric patients within primary or specialty care settings in
accordance with the integrated behavioral health care model.
Maintains effective communication with behavioral health consultant
and clinic treatment team members through documentation, rounding,
and consultation regarding patient and program needs. Education:
- Graduate degree in psychology, counseling, or social
- LCPC or LCSW required.
- Valid Driver's License, reliable transportation, clean driving
record, and proof of automobile insurance.Experience:
- 3 years' experience in direct patient behavioral health care
- Must have excellent organizational, writing, problem solving
skills and assertiveness.
- Must have keyboarding and computer skills, as required by
- Must pass fingerprint background check and drug screen.
- Completes patient psychosocial assessments including evaluation
of behavioral health, physical health, and social health.
- Consults with patient and care provider regarding treatment
options and preferences, coordinate initiation of treatment plan,
and complete referrals to other behavioral health services and/or
community resources as necessary.
- Provides evidence-based, brief, and structured behavioral
health interventions appropriate to patient needs.
- Complete Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9), General
Anxiety Disorder-7 (GAD-7), and other standardized screening tools
as required at each patient contact to track patient improvement,
or lack thereof, and adjust interventions as needed.
- Monitors patient closely for changes in severity of symptoms
and medication side effects. Educate patients about medications,
side effects, and benefits of treatment adherence.
- Participates in regular caseload supervision with treatment
team, focusing on patients improving adequately (e.g., less than
50% reduction in symptoms after 8-12 weeks in treatment).
- Documents all encounters according to Center of Medicare and
Medicaid requirements and program/clinic policies and
- Collects necessary information for the purpose of billing and
fee collection to complete encounters.
- Communicates patient strengths, diagnosis, behavioral health
treatment needs, and symptom improvement on a regular basis with
clinic provider and other care providers.
- Manages service termination process, discharge planning, and
collaborative development of behavioral health relapse prevention
plan to enhance patients' ability to retain treatment changes
and/or use other available support services.
- Maintains professional licensure and complete agency mandatory
education requirements by specified deadlines.
- Engages in supervision, development of professional goals,
staff meetings, and in-services.
- Participates in ongoing agency meetings, committees and special
projects to enhance professional expertise.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Springfield , Behavioral Health Consultant, Oncology, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!