Registered Nurse, Neurology Units
Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Various shifts, every other weekend, multiple positions
This position embodies the Memorial Health System Performance
Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency
that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are
evident in the daily work, which includes the following:
- Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of
nursing care for a designated group of patients through utilization
of the nursing process.
- Provides age-appropriate care.
- Participates in research when appropriate and incorporates
research findings into evidence-based clinical practice.
- Contributes to quality improvement processes.
- Adheres to MMC Mission, Vision, and Values, the Nursing
Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code of Ethics
and the Illinois Nursing Act.
Requirements for this position include:
- Licensed as RN in State of Illinois. ADN, BSN preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR certification per policy.
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult
patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other
patient care duties as required.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as
IV insertion and IM injections.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood,
bodily fluids and tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or
other potentially hazardous materials.
Neurology/Neurosurgery Unit Summary: 4G is a Neurology/Neurosurgery
unit caring for back/neck surgeries, craniotomies, stroke,
seizures, Guillian Barre, myasthenia gravis, neuro disorders,
general medical and EEG testing patients. This unit is also a
comprehensive stroke center, (Joint Commission certified) and the
RNs will be involved in daily rounding with the stroke team. The
average patient stay is around 2 days.
4G is a very fast pace unit where the RNs are always learning and
changing as they are continually working closely with Physicians to
give the patients the best quality of care. RNs on 4G will be
working daily with multiple patients and some cases may become more
complex. The RNs will need to be able to assess the vulnerability
of the patient and be able to communicate with others if a patient
is unable to make decisions.
If you are a patient advocate RN that is level-headed and good at
managing stress and pressure as well as flexible, positive, have
great communication and the ability to think outside the box, apply
RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, Nursing, MMC, Memorial Medical Center,
Springfield, magnet hospital, magnet facility, magnet designated,
magnet designationRequired Skills
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Springfield , Registered Nurse, Neurology Units, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!