RN - Neurology
Posted on: November 10, 2018
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Neurology for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.Req ID: 166381 JOB SUMMARYProvides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Participate in 8 hours or more annually of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or other education related to or focused on cerebrovascular disease.
- Participate in 3 or more training sessions annually sponsored by the Comprehensive Stroke Center. EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- One year acute care experience preferred.
- Previous neurology experience preferred. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years. OTHER SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
- Basic computer skills. REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTESSacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend:
- Neurology, Clinical Decision Unit, and Float Pool Nurses to Neurology - Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications. Riverbend/University District Physical/Cognitive Requirements
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask. There may be more than one opening on this posting. Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. About PeaceHealth PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.60, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification; Registered Nurse - Oregon PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job. Posting Notes: Springfield -- Nursing -- Medical/Surgical Nursing -- Part Time -- ROUTINE NURSING SVCS #GLDR
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , RN - Neurology, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!