RN - Supervisor Clinical Nursing - ICU
Posted on: November 9, 2018
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Supervisor Clinical Nursing - ICU for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours. Req ID: 163090
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling. Supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families. Supervises daily activities, focusing on operations and effective use of resources within established budget. Responsible for operational performance including the quality, service environment and regulatory compliance.
- Link mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommend or develop plans for improvement, assure regulatory compliance
- Supervise assigned caregivers with full personnel action authority. Monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback. Responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and development of caregivers. Ensure the completion of mandatory training and in-services. Responsible for scheduling and time off management of direct reports.
- Work with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Serve as a resource in the overall delivery of patient care assessing clinical practice, identifying needs and recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with other departments in meeting the needs of patients, families, caregivers, healthcare providers and departments. Establish and maintain effective relationships.
- May perform staff nurse responsibilities as needed.
- Provide operational support with clinical processes, policies, procedures and budget management. Assist with compliance to policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire. EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in critical care nursing is required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS, TNCC, NIHSS certification required upon date of hire.
- CCRN required within 6 months of date of hire.
- Specialty certification preferred. OTHER SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Sit, Head/Neck Position/motion, simple/firm grasp, fine dexterity and pinch, and reach at or below the shoulder frequently. Stand, Walk, Squat/kneel/bend/twist, reach above the shoulder, and push/pull occasionally. Lift/carry minimal
- Push/pull 20 lbs. force on flat carpet, 10 lbs on hard flooring. Dynamap blood pressure machine - 4 lbs force. Supply cart - 8 lbs force. Minimal assist transfer - usually 1-2 person assist 25 lbs effort.
- Indoor office environment with the potential abs windows
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. About PeaceHealth PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420) Job Category: Leadership Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification; Registered Nurse - Oregon; Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job. Posting Notes: Springfield -- Leadership -- Nursing Leadership -- Full Time -- CRITICAL CARE SVCS #GLDR
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , RN - Supervisor Clinical Nursing - ICU, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!