RN - Nurse Residency Program - RiverBend
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Req ID: 166090 This is an exciting opportunity for new graduates to train in a specialty area where passion and nursing excellence come together. The Nurse Residency Program transitions new graduate nurses (or nurses with less than one year of experience) to competent nursing practice that is supported by evidence-based curriculum reflecting our Mission, Vision, and Values. Our 12 month program focuses on leadership, patient outcomes, and professionalism. To qualify for this program you must be a new graduate RN who has been licensed for less than 12 months with less than 6 months of Acute Care experience as an RN. To be considered for the program you must include the following when submitting your application:
- Cover Letter
- Completed Online Application
- Clinical Narrative - Submit a clinical narrative of 1 page or less. (this needs to be uploaded into your profile under My Documents in the Certification/Licensure section) A clinical narrative is a story about a clinical event or situation that was meaningful for you and taught you something about the role of a professional nurse.
- Some possible topics include:
- A specific clinical experience where your interventions made a difference in outcome for the patient
- A clinical experience that was especially challenging
- A clinical situation that went differently than you expected Program Timeline / Step-by Step Process:
- September 14th-30th: Applications accepted online.
- References requested via Skill Survey (an online reference tool) for those moving to the next step. Candidates will be asked to provide 4 professional references and will need current email addresses of these references to enter online. These requests will be made during the application acceptance window period up until interviews
- Week of October 15th - Interviews will be held either be in person at our Riverbend campus in Springfield, Oregon or via Zoom.
- Late October - Candidates selected for the program will be notified and offered positions in the Graduate Nurse Residency program.
- Start Dates to be offered for positions will be November 26th, 2018
- Residency Seminars to begin in December 2018 Position Commitments:
- Ability to work 32 to 40 hours per week.
- Available to work 8 or 12 hour shifts.
- Available to work day, evening, or night shifts.
- Flexible to work any day of the week as schedules rotate.
- Able to participate in all program activities throughout the 12 month period.
- Willingness to sign a two year commitment agreement.
- Clinical Instructor and employment references will be required.
- Positions available vary per program. Opportunities offered may be in Medical, Surgical, Cardiopulmonary Unit, Cardiac Surgery Unit, Orthopedics, Neurology, Oncology, Clinical Decision/Observation Unit, and Pediatrics. Required: Current Oregon RN license required prior to start date. BLS from the American Heart Association. Education: BSN strongly preferred. If ADN graduate, commitment to complete a BSN program within 3 years is preferred. Job Description with complete list of duties will be provided. Relocation assistance available. Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. About PeaceHealth PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420) Job Category: Nursing Shift: Variable Shift Length: Variable FTE: 0.9 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $36.60, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job. PH123NR #GLDR #NHCN Posting Notes: Springfield -- Nursing -- Residencies & Internships Nursing -- Full Time -- ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , RN - Nurse Residency Program - RiverBend, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!