Physician- Internal Medicine- DePaul Hospital-St. Louis
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Medical Group 12255 DePaul Drive
About SSM Health
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.
With more than 10,000 providers and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration.
SSM Medical Group is a member of SSM Health Care?St. Louis and includes almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians in 65 locations, including 5 urgent care clinics and 25 Express Clinics collocated with Walgreens stores. Our clinics are located in north, south and mid St. Louis County; in St. Charles County; in Warrenton and Troy, Missouri; and in Belleville and Maryville, Illinois.
At SSM, we take pride in the physician leadership of our Medical Group. Our physicians have a voice in their own practice operations, as well as the overall direction of the organization. Our SSM physician leadership allows physicians to manage the care of their own patients and provide appropriate treatment to meet each patient's unique needs.
All SSM Health Medical Group primary care practices are nationally recognized as NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes and provide exceptional care through evidence-based protocols, while coordinating and managing patient care across the continuum.
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed, full service Catholic hospital that opened in 1828, as the first hospital west of the Mississippi River. DePaul Hospital provides the only Level II Trauma Center in North St. Louis County, primarily serving patients from the surrounding Missouri communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, Olivette, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland. With all private rooms, SSM DePaul offers comprehensive medical care, and highly advanced technology including the da Vinci Surgery System. Procedures available include minimally invasive heart, spine, knee, hip and weight loss surgery.
Bridgeton, Missouri is one of the oldest settlements in the St. Louis area, established in 1794 and maintains several historic landmarks. Just 20 miles from downtown St. Louis, Bridgeton is a second-ring suburb of Greater St. Louis in northwestern St. Louis County. Bridgeton is considered the primary transport hub of the area because of its proximity to major interstate highways and Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. The City of Bridgeton has one of the most comprehensive collections of parks and recreational programs in the region. 10 locations provide 256 acres for leisure activities including the city's Municipal Athletic Complex, Bridgton Crossing Family Aquatic Park and Berry Hill Golf Course.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
70090169 DePaul FM
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
It's more than a career, it's a calling
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , Physician- Internal Medicine- DePaul Hospital-St. Louis, Healthcare , Hazelwood, Illinois
here to apply!