Physician - Gastroenterology - Full Time - St. Louis MO - DePaul Hospital
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis
BE/BC General Gastroenterologist - St. Louis MO
* A well respected, physician led practice model
* Consistently high producing colleagues, substantial community need, and waiting patient panel
* Clinic, Endoscopy Center and Hospital are co-located
* Optional procedures; ERCP and EUS
* Experienced NP support
* Highly trained, experienced staff
* EHR integrated system-wide: EPIC
* In-house anesthesia, pathology, CT and infusion
* Desirable on-call rotation
* Competitive Compensation with 2-year guarantee
* Attractive Sign on and Retention Bonus
* Great benefits including up to 6% matching retirement contributions
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
* Generous perks: Time Off - CME Dollars, and more!
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed, full service Catholic hospital that opened in 1828, as the first hospital west of the Mississippi River. DePaul Hospital provides the only Level II Trauma Center in North St. Louis County, primarily serving patients from the surrounding Missouri communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, Olivette, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland. With all private rooms, SSM DePaul offers comprehensive medical care, and highly advanced technology including the da Vinci Surgery System. Procedures available include minimally invasive heart, spine, knee, hip and weight loss surgery.
SSM Health Medical Group the St. Louis metro area with almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians in 65 locations throughout the St. Louis region, including 5 urgent care clinics and 25 Express Clinics collocated with Walgreens. We are proud of our physician led practice model. Governance of our medical group is provided by a board comprised of physicians, partnered with administrative staff. Our practice model gives each of our physicians a voice in the operation of their own practice, allowing them to manage the care of their patients and provide appropriate treatment.
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.
With more than 10,000 providers and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
7228000169 DePaul GI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
It's more than a career, it's a calling
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , Physician - Gastroenterology - Full Time - St. Louis MO - DePaul Hospital, Healthcare , Hazelwood, Illinois
here to apply!