RN - EMERGENCY DEPT (ED)- BJC Healthcare
Company: BJC HealthCare
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Additional Information About the Role
Since 1937, Alton Memorial Hospital has cared for residents in
Alton, Illinois, and the surrounding communities in a five-county
area. Starting as a land gift to the community from the Smith
family, Alton Memorial today is a full-service acute care hospital.
Alton Memorial offers patients a variety of inpatient and
outpatient services, including surgery services, medical imaging,
interventional and diagnostic heart services, cancer care,
rehabilitation, 24-hour emergency care, ambulance services and
more. The emergency department (ED) at Alton Memorial Hospital
provides service to patients of all ages, neonate through
geriatric, with acuities from minor illness/injuries to
cardio-pulmonary arrest. Our triage system screens patients to be
seen on severity of illness rather than first come, first serve
basis. The ED utilizes a 5 tier triage system to categorize the
patients. Alton Memorial also has the only hospital based ambulance
service in the region that we serve.
Role Purpose The Emergency Department Nurse provides direct patient
care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning
implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency
nursing care. Responsibilities
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality
and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional
- Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for
various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat
life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and
delivering appropriate care.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of
emergency nursing care and patient's age-specific needs Promotes
patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as
patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking
skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional
needs of all patients.
- Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families.
Educates patients and their families on disease process, management
of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection
prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of
- Must maintain competency and actively participates in training
to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during
disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with
community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate
preparedness strategies. Minimum Requirements Education
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's Experience
- 2-5 years Licenses & Certifications
- RN Preferred Requirements Education
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Emergency Nurse.
- Cert/Lic in Area of Expertise
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Time Critical Diagnosis
- Trauma Nurse Core Course
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards At BJC we re committed to providing you and your
family with benefits and resources to help you manage your
physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan /403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistance To learn more, go to Not all benefits apply
to all jobs The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Associated topics: ambulatory, care,
ccu, domiciliary, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, registered nurse,
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, Springfield , RN - EMERGENCY DEPT (ED)- BJC Healthcare, Healthcare , Alton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...