Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - All Positions (Various Specialties)
Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for nursing
care according to individual needs of the patient population within
the rules and regulations of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act, and
managing the operations of the office on a daily basis.
Reports to the Operations Manager
- Interview for nursing history, assessment of health knowledge
and maintenance, and document findings in the medical
- Obtain medical information, chief complaints, vital signs and
diagnostic test results in preparation for physician examination
and documents in the medical record.
- Serve as a patient advocate by protecting patient rights and
give attention to complaints regarding service.
- Make referrals to other agencies or provides for continuity of
- Screen all patient problems either in person or by phone with
the resolution being advice or referral to physician.
- Give home care instruction for procedures and
- Provide pre and postoperative instruction for specific surgical
and/or medical procedures.
- Document patient education in the medical record.
- Administer respiratory therapeutic treatments and document
according to policy.
- Administer irrigations such as foley catheter, enemas, ear
wash, and document results in medical record.
- Collect specimens including cultures and provide
- Assist in the application of casts, remove casts, provide
patient instruction and document in medical record.
- Perform procedures such as catheterization, suture removal
dressing changes following Infection Control Policy and document
results in medical record.
- Administer medications by all routes except IV blood & blood
products, IV push medications, chemotherapy, or adding medication
to existing IV infusions. (including Heparin)
- Assist the physician in the examination treatment of the
patient by handing instruments, providing dressings, preparing
equipment, etc. according to Infection Control Policy.
- Orient new personnel to specialty.
- Provide emotional support and guidance to
- May serve on the STAT Code Team.
- May serve as a Health Care Assistant according to hospital
- Demonstrate professionalism by adhering to performance
standards including dress code.
- Insure confidentiality for patients and staff.
- Maintain knowledge by attending appropriate education programs,
reading current journals and literature, and documents for yearly
- Perform pre-certifications/referrals for insurance companies as
- Schedule procedures/surgeries as needed.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training &
accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield
Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Educated as a LPN (LVN) by an approved program.
- May perform IV therapy following successful completion of an
- Current licensure as a LPN in the state of Illinois.
- CPR certification per American Heart Association guidelines
required within 30 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assume accountability and responsibility for own practice and
that, which is delegated.
- Works in office setting during the hours the Clinic is
available to patients/families.
- Sitting vs. standing averages to 50-50%.
- Minimal lifting requirements. Occasional lifting required for
orthopedics, geriatrics and internal medicine.
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Springfield , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - All Positions (Various Specialties), Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...