Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) - Urology
Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Springfield Clinic, one of the largest multi-specialty physician
owned medical practices in Illinois, is currently seeking an
Advanced Practitioner - Urology to join its practice. Springfield
Clinic is committed to quality, safety, service and innovation to
improve the health and lives of people in central Illinois.
- Clinic/Outpatient setting, Monday-Friday hours
- No weekends/Holidays/Call
- Busy practice with high acuity patients
- Previous APRN experience preferred, does not need to be in
The Springfield Clinic Advanced Practice Provider (APP) functions
as a healthcare provider who, working collaboratively with a
physician(s), is responsible for providing comprehensive care to
both well and ill patients. Some specialties may require a dual
role of outpatient and inpatient setting. He/she demonstrates a
high degree of clinical expertise in working with patients with
acute and chronic illnesses. He/she is responsible for assessment,
diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion and
care coordination for patients and families with acute and chronic
health needs. The APP demonstrates an advanced level of
medical/nursing clinical knowledge, communication and
interdisciplinary collaboration, professionalism and systems-based
practice. He/she works with administrative, nursing, physician, and
hospital faculty to assure safe, effective, quality patient care
and to promote Springfield Clinic's educational and healthcare
In positions requiring hospital based care, the APP is eligible to
begin practice after he/she is credentialed and privileged by those
facilities and the Medical Staff office. Active hospital privileges
will be required and reviewed every two years to maintain
All other APPs are eligible to begin practice after he/she is
credentialed and privileged by Springfield Clinic with renewal
every two years in order to maintain employment within their
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Clinical Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of etiologies, risk factors,
pathophysiology, presentation and epidemiology of medical
- Performs history and physical assessments of patients that are
accurate, complete, concise, relevant and appropriate for age,
gender and clinical problem.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic studies and correctly interprets
- Utilizes critical thinking to synthesize and analyze collected
- Develops, implements, evaluates and alters the plan of care as
- Manages general medical and surgical conditions based on
knowledge of the indications, contraindications, side effects,
interactions and adverse reactions of pharmacologic agents and
other relevant treatment modalities.
- Counsels and educates patients and families.
- Demonstrates proficiency in procedural skills pertinent to
- Maintains accurate, complete, concise and timely documentation
in the electronic medical record.
- Patient Care
- Provides care that is patient and family centered,
compassionate, appropriate and effective for the promotion of
health, prevention of illness and treatment of disease throughout
- Facilitates consistent, coordinated care and clear
communication among all members of the healthcare team.
- Incorporates the patient and family in care planning and
treatment across settings.
- Serves as an advocate for patients and families in navigating
the health care system.
- Practice Based Learning and Clinical Improvement
- Demonstrates insight into own strengths, limitations and
- Demonstrates initiative to meet identified learning needs using
- Actively participates in self-evaluation by seeking and
utilizing guidance and constructive feedback in a professional
- Continuously seeks opportunities for clinical advancement and
knowledge and skill attainment.
- Participates in research opportunities to advance the care and
treatment of patients within your specialty.
- Communication and Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with physicians,
other health professionals and health related agencies.
- Works effectively with multidisciplinary team members.
- Promotes mutual respect and trust working within a team
- Communicates effectively with patients and families,
incorporating gender, age, culture, race, religion, disabilities
and sexual orientation.
- Follows ethical principles regarding patient confidentiality,
informed consent and unanticipated adverse outcomes.
- Maintains current knowledge of changing standards, procedures
and specialty care practices
- Fulfills all ethical and professional responsibilities of
- Provides care within his/her scope of practice as outlined by
applicable state law, licensing, regulations, and institutional
policy and practice agreements.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant or Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse program.
- For critical care/trauma departments: Graduate from an
accredited Physician Assistant or Acute Care Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse program.
- Three favorable letters of reference.
- Licensed in the State of Illinois as a Physician Assistant or
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification per American Heart Association
- For critical care/trauma departments: Current ACLS
certification. Fundamental Critical Care Support certification
required within one year of employment.
- May be required to lift.
- Functions indoors in an office setting.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and toxic
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Springfield , Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) - Urology, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...