Registered Nurse / LPN - Urology (other departments available)
Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity and a place to
grow your career? Springfield Clinic is looking to hire multiple
Registered Nurses for various departments within Springfield
Clinic. As a new employee, you will go through our Clinical
Development Program. This onboarding program provides an extensive
orientation and training sessions with rotations in multiple
specialty areas. At the conclusion of your onboarding, you will be
placed in a preferred department that is the best fit for you!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care
according to individual needs of the patient population within the
rules and Regulations of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act, managing
the operation of the office on a daily basis, and functioning as an
integral part of the patient care team to coordinate patient care
by interacting with care team members, all Clinic departments,
hospitals, nursing homes, and home care agencies.
Reports to the Operations Manager
- Interview for a nursing history, assessment of health knowledge
and maintenance, and documents findings in the medical
- Obtain medical information, chief complaints, vital signs and
diagnostic test results in preparation for physician examination
and documents in the medical record.
- Serve as a patient advocate by protecting patient rights and
gives attention to complaints regarding service.
- Evaluate the need for a referral to other agencies or providers
such as Home Health or community agencies.
- Screen all patient problems either in person or by phone with
the resolution being advice or referral to physician.
- Provide a planned education program related to prevention,
health maintenance, specific disease or condition and documents
results in the medical record.
- Gives home care instruction for procedures and
- Provide pre and postoperative instruction for specific surgical
and/or medical procedures.
- Document patient education in the medical record.
- Administer respiratory therapeutic treatments and documents
according to policy.
- Administer irrigations such as foley catheter, enemas, ear
wash, and document results in medical record.
- Collect specimens including cultures and provides
- Apply and remove casts, provide patient instruction and
documents in medical record.
- Perform procedures such as catherization, suture removal
dressing changes following Infection Control Policy and document
results in medical record.
- Administer medications by all routes except chemotherapy (with
the exception of RN with a Chemotherapy and Biotherapy
- Assist the physician in the examination, treatment of the
patient by handing instruments, providing dressings, preparing
equipment, etc. according to Infection Control Policy.
- Orient new personnel to specialty.
- Provide emotional support and guidance to
- Serve on the STAT Code Team, may direct the team and provide
education to staff.
- Serve as resource to nursing personnel throughout the
- May serve as a Health Care Assistant according to hospital
- Coordinate the nursing care of the patient by interacting with
all Clinic departments, hospitals, nursing homes and
- Demonstrate professionalism by adhering to performance
standards including dress code.
- Insure confidentiality for patients and staff.
- Maintain knowledge by attending appropriate education programs,
reading current journals and literature and documents for yearly
- Perform pre-certifications/referrals for insurance companies as
- Schedule procedures/surgeries as necessary.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training &
accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield
Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Educated as registered nurse by attaining an ADN, diploma or
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- CPR certification per American Heart Association guidelines
required within 30 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Practices independent nursing consistent with the Illinois
Nurse Practice Act.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for own practice and
that, which is delegated.
- Ability to serve on appropriate committees.
- Works in office setting during the hours the Clinic is
available to patients/families.
- Sitting vs. standing averages to 50-50%.
- Minimal lifting requirements. Occasional lifting required for
orthopedics, geriatrics and internal medicine.
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Springfield , Registered Nurse / LPN - Urology (other departments available), Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!