Special Care Nursery RN-Night shift
Company: Dean Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Manages women's services activities, workflow and nursing
* Collects and analyzes pertinent health data to develop and
implement an individualized plan of care that includes
interventions and alternatives to attain expected, measurable
outcomes for women and newborns in the context of woman, newborn,
and family-centered care.
* Coordinates care delivery to promote woman-, newborn-, and
family-centered care within their scope of practice. Employs health
teaching strategies that promote, maintain, or restore health
within the context of a safe environment for woman, newborn,
* Evaluates the progress toward attainment of expected outcomes in
the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
* Determines decisions and actions on behalf of women, fetuses, and
newborns in an ethical manner and guided by a sound framework for
ethical decision-making. Practices in a manner that is congruent
with cultural diversity and inclusion principles when caring for
women, newborns, and families.
* Communicates and collaborates with women, families, health care
providers, and the community in providing safe and holistic
* Serves as a role model, change agent, consultant, and mentor to
women, families, healthcare consumers, and other health care
professionals. Acquires and maintains knowledge and competencies
that reflect current evidence-based nursing practice for women,
newborns, and families.
* Generates or integrates evidence to identify, examine, validate,
and evaluate interprofessional knowledge, theories, and varied
approaches in providing care to women and newborns. Practices,
evaluates, and, if indicated, implements new measures to improve
the quality of nursing practice for women and newborns.
* Evaluates their own nursing practice and participates in the
evaluation of others in relation to current evidence-based consumer
care information, professional practice standards and guidelines,
statutes, rules and regulations. Considers resource factors related
to safety, effectiveness, technological advances, and fiscal
responsibility when planning and delivering care to women and
* Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner when
planning and delivering care to women, newborns, and families.
* Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to women's services nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
departments Scope of Service.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* No experience required
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: Dean Health, Springfield , Special Care Nursery RN-Night shift, Healthcare , Fenton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!