Registered Nurse, CVOR RN
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing
care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the
nursing process. Provides age-appropriate care. Participates in
research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into
evidence-based clinical practice. Contributes to quality
improvement processes. Adheres to SMH Mission, Vision, and Values,
the Nursing Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code
of Ethics and the Illinois Nursing Act.
- BSN preferred.Licensure/Certification/Registry:
- Licensed as RN in State of Illinois.
- Current BLS/CPR certification per policy.Other
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult
patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other
patient care duties as required. Must be able to withstand
prolonged periods of standing. Must be able to perform difficult
manipulative skills such as IV insertion and IM injections.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood,
bodily fluids and tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or
other potentially hazardous materials.Yearly Credentialing to
Maintain Current Track:Attends all Joint Commission, OSHA, and
hospital/nurse manager specified mandatory inservices.Validates
competencies and obtains credentials as identified in unit specific
requirements.Completion of annual self-evaluation at time of
performance appraisal.Submit sufficient documentation to validate
current Clinical Ladder status to the nurse manager at annual
performance appraisal.Meets credit range for Clinical Ladder Levels
as follows (completion of probationary period is required in order
to apply for promotion in the clinical ladder):Clinical Nurse I:
Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 0-9 credits on the
Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid.Clinical Nurse II: Registered Nurse
who achieves a range of 10-19 credits on the Clinical Ladder
Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least two
categories of the Grid. Clinical Nurse III: Registered Nurse who
achieves a range of 20-29 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior
Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least three categories of
the Grid. Minimum BSN, enrollment in BSN or MSN program, or
national certification is required for new applicants as of March
2016.Clinical Nurse IV: Registered Nurse who achieves at least 30
credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of
behaviors from at least four categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN
and national certification are required for new applicants as of
Professional Nursing Care
- Age appropriate assessment.
- Data analysis to identify nursing problems.
- Defines individualized patient outcomes.
- Develops an interdisciplinary, individualized plan of care in
partnership with patients and families.
- Implements specified interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes,
revising the plan when indicated.Supervision and Delegation
- Delegates patient care tasks to LPNs and unlicensed assistive
personnel based on job description, individual capability and
- Communicates patient status and caregiver performance
- Appropriately supervises performance of LPNs and unlicensed
- Directs performance improvement for LPNs and unlicensed
- Builds teamwork when supervising and delegating to
others.Communication and Collaboration
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Uses therapeutic communication techniques.
- Demonstrates assertiveness.
- Communicates relevant patient information to other members of
the health team.
- Documents patient care according to Memorial policies and
- Ensures appropriate implementation of physician's orders.
- Accesses electronic data to facilitate patient care.
- Creates and maintains a collaborative work environment.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning and decision making.
- Precepts new nursing employees and/or nursing students.Quality
- Identifies and resolves safety risks.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Participates in the periodic review and revision of policies,
procedures, and standards of care.
- Complies with all safety policies.Professional Accountability
- Demonstrates ethical decision making.
- Advocates for patients and families.
- Appropriately follows the chain of command.
- Adheres to the Memorial Health System Behavioral Standards.
- Develops annual plan for own professional development.
- Participates in community health initiatives.
- Participates in community organizations.
- Contributes to nursing research activities and applies findings
in clinical practice.
- Participates in nurse peer review process.Performs other
related work as required or requested. The intent of this job
description is to provide a representative summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
- - - - - -
What makes the difference between a good nursing team and the
exceptional one you'll find at Memorial Health? Our rapidly growing
team is determined to continue building upon our reputation as a
national leader in quality and progress in care. This objective
requires something rare: a unique understanding of the value of
nursing. And we have it, from the very top of our management team
to the very smallest detail of care for every single patient.
That's the reason we've made such a significant investment of time,
effort, and resources in superior technology, comprehensive
training, and thorough processes. We know that we have to prepare
our nurses for anything-by providing everything they need to
succeed. They have paid us and our patients back by performing at a
consistently superior level throughout our system, bringing us
prestigious accolades and impressive national recognition.
WHY EXPERIENCED NURSING PROFESSIONALS LOVE MEMORIAL:
The seasoned nursing professional has every reason to select
Memorial Health, including the many distinctions, awards and
achievements we have earned for clinical excellence. Here are but a
few of our recent honors:
- Springfield Memorial Hospital has earned the industry-best
American Hospital Association-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize
2016, awarded to just one hospital in the nation annually. Within
the field of healthcare, this accomplishment has no equal.
- In 2021, -Springfield Memorial -Hospital -earned its fourth
consecutive Magnet - -Designation from the American Nurses
Credentialing Center for nursing excellence -- -an accomplishment
so prestigious that only 2% of hospitals in the country have done
- Jacksonville -Memorial -Hospital was also designated a Magnet
hospital in 2009, 2014 and 2018, the highest honor an organization
can receive for professional nursing practice. The Magnet
designation is part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center's
(ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program -.
- Jacksonville Memorial Hospital has earned Magnet - designation
- Springfield Memorial Hospital has earned the American Hospital
Quality Award 2016.
- Memorial Health is one of fewer than 30 employers nationwide to
be honored as an Employer of Choice -.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Registered Nurse, CVOR RN, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!