RN - Residency
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Pre-licensure graduate of an accredited nursing program who
actively participates in SSM Health New Graduate Nurse Residency
Program. Under the direction of RN, provides care to patients
within scope of role and professional standards. Responsible for
the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned patients with a
wide variety of medical conditions. Nurse Residents in the state of
Oklahoma can perform responsibilities designated below (Oklahoma).
Nurse Residents in Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri can perform all
responsibilities listed.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIESUnder the direction
of the RN Preceptor:
- Performs delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in
performing nursing care activities for population served. Delegated
specialized tasks may include anything for which training was
received in the approved nursing program. In the state of Oklahoma,
this does not include tasks/skills which must be performed by a
- Performs patient assessments including biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family education
plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and
provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation (Oklahoma),
including, but not limited to, the processing of physician orders,
in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates
delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient
needs and professional judgement.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient
- Completes competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Completes training as required; seeks assistance and asks
questions as needed to learn and understand role. (Oklahoma)
- As part of the SSM Health nursing department, I will
demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the
professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses
to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and
care needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Oklahoma) EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredRequired
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , RN - Residency, Healthcare , Fenton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!