RN- Adult Acute, Behavioral Health
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in
accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients
including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze
patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of
multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety
within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by
LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and
documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , RN- Adult Acute, Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Hazelwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!