RN- Cardiac Step Down ICU Weekend Option
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$15,000 Sign on Bonus EligibleWelcome to SSM Health DePaul
Hospital. We pride ourselves in providing a strong foundation in
nursing. We embrace continuous growth and opportunity through
frequent goal setting and educational experiences. We are a place
where new and seasoned staff can develop their skills and grow
together.We want you to be a part of the team on 4 North! Were a
fast-paced, 26-bed Cardiac Stepdown ICU unit.
- Evidence-based lead initiatives to improve patient
- Unit champions to lead change through committees such as
sepsis, safe patient handling, etc
- Modest nurse to patient ratio to allow closer monitoring and
- Team engagement via multiple avenues including personalized
recognition and social events
- Leadership and culture based on transparency and
- 26 beds to accommodate:
- post cardiac procedures and/or titration of cardiac drips
- cardiothoracic procedures including chest tubes and pericardial
- sepsis without shock
- diabetic ketoacidosis requiring insulin infusion
- respiratory acidosis requiring continuous BIPAP high-flow
oxygen and monitoring
- vascular procedures including TPA therapyProvides direct
nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments
and intervention, in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.PRIMARY
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patients needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and inter-professional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and inter-professional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and inter-professional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and inter-professional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , RN- Cardiac Step Down ICU Weekend Option, Healthcare , Hazelwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!