RN- Stepdown/Critical Care
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$10,000 Sign on Bonus EligibleWelcome to SSM Health DePaul
Hospital. We pride ourselves in providing a strong foundation in
nursing. We embrace continuous growth and opportunity through
frequent goal setting and educational experiences. We are a place
where new and seasoned staff can develop their skills and grow
together.We want you to be a part of the team on 3 North! Were a
fast-paced, newly renovated 18-bed Trauma Surgical ICU unit.
- Take care of post op- Neuro Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery,
Vascular surgery and Trauma patients
- Develop your critical thinking skills and management of
critically ill patients.
- Learn and/or perfect your critical care skills and knowledge
regarding invasive monitoring, management, and interpretation;
ventilator and respiratory management; hemodynamic treatment and
monitoring to name a few.
- Advance your skills by learning to monitor and manage CRRT
(continuous dialysis), Impella, and Intra-Aortic balloon pumps
- New and experienced nurses welcome! Ample opportunity for
growth and development. Unit based practice council.
- Join a work FAMILY that values your ideas/opinions and help
change the face of healthcare!Provides direct nursing care in
settings where patients require complex assessments and
intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization.PRIMARY
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patients needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , RN- Stepdown/Critical Care, Healthcare , Hazelwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!