New Graduate Registered Nurse, Psych
Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
New Graduate Registered Nurse, Psych
New Graduate Registered Nurse (RN)
Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing
care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the
nursing process. Provides age-appropriate care. Participates in
research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into
evidence-based clinical practice. Contributes to quality
improvement processes. Adheres to MMC Mission, Vision, and Values,
the Nursing Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code
of Ethics and the Illinois Nursing Act.
Education:BSN preferred. Licensure/Certification/Registry:Licensed
as RN in State of Illinois. Current BLS/CPR certification per
policy. Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Must be able to position
and/or transfer an average adult patient and possess gross
coordination sufficient to perform other patient care duties as
required. Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing.
Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV
insertion and IM injections.Environmental working conditions
include exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue, contagious
diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous
materials. Yearly Credentialing to Maintain Current Track:Attends
all Joint Commission, OSHA, and hospital/nurse manager specified
- Validates competencies and obtains credentials as identified in
unit specific requirements.
- Completion of annual self-evaluation at time of performance
- Submit sufficient documentation to validate current Clinical
Ladder status to the nurse manager at annual performance
- Meets credit range for Clinical Ladder Levels as follows
(completion of probationary period is required in order to apply
for promotion in the clinical ladder):Clinical Nurse I: Registered
Nurse who achieves a range of 0-9 credits on the Clinical Ladder
Behavior Grid.Clinical Nurse II: Registered Nurse who achieves a
range of 10-19 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with
evidence of behaviors from at least two categories of the Grid.
Clinical Nurse III: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 20-29
credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of
behaviors from at least three categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN,
enrollment in BSN or MSN program, or national certification is
required for new applicants as of March 2016.Clinical Nurse IV:
Registered Nurse who achieves at least 30 credits on the Clinical
Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least four
categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN and national certification are
required for new applicants as of March 2016.
Professional Nursing Care
- Age appropriate assessment.
- Data analysis to identify nursing problems.
- Defines individualized patient outcomes.
- Develops an interdisciplinary, individualized plan of care in
partnership with patients and families.
- Implements specified interventions to attain expected
- Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes,
revising the plan when indicated.Supervision and Delegation
- Delegates patient care tasks to LPNs and unlicensed assistive
personnel based on job description, individual capability and
- Communicates patient status and caregiver performance
- Appropriately supervises performance of LPNs and unlicensed
- Directs performance improvement for LPNs and unlicensed
- Builds teamwork when supervising and delegating to
others.Communication and Collaboration
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Uses therapeutic communication techniques.
- Demonstrates assertiveness.
- Communicates relevant patient information to other members of
the health team.
- Documents patient care according to Memorial policies and
- Ensures appropriate implementation of physician's orders.
- Accesses electronic data to facilitate patient care.
- Creates and maintains a collaborative work environment.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning and decision
- Precepts new nursing employees and/or nursing students.Quality
- Identifies and resolves safety risks.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Participates in the periodic review and revision of policies,
procedures, and standards of care.
- Complies with all safety policies.Professional Accountability
- Demonstrates ethical decision making.
- Advocates for patients and families.
- Appropriately follows the chain of command.
- Adheres to the Memorial Health System Behavioral
- Develops annual plan for own professional development.
- Participates in community health initiatives.
- Participates in community organizations.
- Contributes to nursing research activities and applies findings
in clinical practice.
- Participates in nurse peer review process.Performs other
related work as required or requested. The intent of this job
description is to provide a representative summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Springfield , New Graduate Registered Nurse, Psych, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!