Vascular Technologist, Sonographer FT
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SIGNING BONUS ELIGIBLEPerforms diagnostic procedures on patients
using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure,
providing quality images for interpretation. The only registration
requirement for this position is as a registered sonographer
appropriate for the department in which the sonographer
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety
of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of all high-qualityimages and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, images labeled correctly and
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any
other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or completion of a sonography certification
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , Vascular Technologist, Sonographer FT, Healthcare , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!