Posted on: June 25, 2022
Metro East/Collinsville, IL Area
A tech-enabled, multi-service healthcare organization, EmpowerMe
Wellness is on a mission to improve the lives of seniors. We enrich
senior living communities nationwide through our fully integrated
on-site therapy, diagnostic, pharmacy, and nurse practitioner
services. With a team of more than 1,000 clinicians and
professionals, we focus on improving wellness and driving positive
outcomes from a place of deep compassion and expertise.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, EmpowerMe has a presence in
hundreds of communities across the country. You can find out more
about us at empowerme.com.
As a Nurse Practitioner at EmpowerMe Wellness, your
responsibilities will include providing education, general and
preventative care, conducting check-ups, treating illnesses,
ordering lab tests, and prescribing medications as needed within
the senior living community. An ideal candidate would have a
background in one of the following: primary care (including
geriatrics), neurology, internal medicine, or psychiatry.
* Performs initial examinations, including physical exams and
* Diagnoses and treats physical, emotional, cognitive, and social
* Plans and implements individualized medical plans of care with
respect to patient needs, reimbursement restrictions, and available
* Provide education and treatment for chronic health concerns with
a focus on incontinence, dementia, mobility, depression,
constipation, nutritional issues, dehydration, and cognitive
* Provides restorative, preventative, and palliative care as needed
for the patient.
* Employs disease prevention and treatment strategies.
* Orders, administers, and interprets diagnostic tests while
formulating diagnoses and providing care.
* Monitors the effectiveness of interventions including
pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions.
* Communicates medical plan of care to community clinical
leadership, patients, and responsible parties including but not
limited to, medications prescribed, tests ordered and their
results, and next steps.
* Educates professionals, community team members, and others
outside of the community about age-related changes, safety
precautions, and community resources that help seniors maintain
* Collaborates with community health care on resident changes in
* Collaborate with ancillary health care services.
* Completes documentation on patient interaction and visits in a
* Facilitate the patient's transition within and between health
care settings by collaborating with community leadership, assisting
with medication reconciliation, and providing assistance with
necessary paperwork needed for admissions, transfers, and
* Act as a liaison concerning resident health between community
leaders, family members, and other healthcare providers.
* Assist the community in providing employee health needs
consistent with EmpowerMe programs and services.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
* Master's degree from nationally accredited Nurse Practitioner
program with full practice authority for a minimum of 5 years.
* Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state
* Experience in senior living is preferred but not required.
* Ability and authorization to prescribe medication within the
scope of the state practice act
* Sound understanding of federal and state regulations, including
HIPAA and OSHA
* Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
* Understanding of geriatrics and chronic illness
* Ability to develop and maintain positive customer
* Adaptability to change
* Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, and Word
applications. Experience in working with various EMRs.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: EMPOWERME, Springfield , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Collinsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!