Medical Assistant Float
Company: So IL Health Care Foundation
Location: East Saint Louis
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionVISION, MISSION & VALUES:Every employee of SIHF
Healthcare is expected to uphold our vision, mission and values.
Our actions will reflect our values of compassion, diversity,
integrity, excellence and teamwork creating a culture in which all
individuals are treated with dignity and respect. This will result
in our vision of People achieving their highest quality of life
through the fulfillment of our mission to Lead individuals and
communities to their healthiest lifestyle by providing a
coordinated network of health and supportive services.
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:Treat every person with
dignity, respect and kindness by listening with your full
attention, address questions/concerns immediately, and accept
responsibility to follow through by always doing what you say you
will do. You support our customers, and your team, by being
patient, understanding and positive, knowing that you are SIHF
Healthcare to those we serve.
Responsible for providing direct patient care and/or direct
ancillary support services as directed by the provider or other
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contact patients via phone, mail, email or patient portal
regarding the need to be medically evaluated on a periodic basis or
due to abnormal test results or missed appointments. 2. Ensure all
proper consents and eligibility forms are signed before procedures
are performed or vaccinations given.
3. Obtain medical records from hospitals or other medical offices
as necessary for patient treatment or care.
4. Report complaints or questions from the patient and/or family
member to the health center or office manager.
5. Work as a cooperative member of the staff to provide quality
6. Clarify with provider on orders or procedures.
7. Take patients' blood pressure, weight, length, temperature, and
head circumference as indicated or directed and record results in
appropriate places, notifying provider responsible for that patient
of any unusual findings.
8. Answer phone and provide a clear message in the patient's chart
and forward to provider.
9. Responsible for preparing exam room and assisting doctor with
exams and procedures when necessary. Clean and restock examination
rooms. Monitor and stock supplies on a regular basis, notifying
proper person of low levels of supplies.
10. Check for the presence of allergies and the six rights of
medication administration. Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous
and intradermal injections and observe for side effects after
administration. Record the injection in the record. Assist other
staff in restraining a patient prior to venipuncture or injection
as called upon by the nurse responsible for patient.
11. Perform all CLIA-waived tests (pregnancy tests, strep test,
HIV, urinalysis, INR, blood glucose and peak flow, A1C, et.
12. Test eyesight and hearing using the Snellen Eye Test / Hearing
13. Obtain laboratory specimens and process for courier pick-up or
perform point of care testing and record in patient's chart as
14. Perform electrocardiograms.
15. Monitor sample medications, document expiration dates and
dispose of properly if expired.
16. Obtain prior authorizations of medication.
17. Obtain pre-certifications for procedures, new OB's and
surgeries as needed.18. Schedule referral appointments. Obtain
prior authorization from insurance company if needed. Follow up on
referral appointments by documenting in referral log.
19. MA will understand the importance of Quality measure
guidelines. MA should take the initiative to have the patient fill
out an ROI to obtain any pertinent medical records. MA should also
communicate to provider if patient needs to satisfy a measure.
20. The MA will work their assigned clinical inbox daily and remain
within the assigned threshold parameters.
21. Assist in training new Medical Assistants and externs as
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work well with public and health care
2. Greet public in a professional, courteous manner at all
3. Ability to work as a team member.
4. Must be neat and professional in appearance.
5. Must have basic computer skills.
6. Must successfully pass basic skills assessment.
7. Knowledge of basic medical terminology and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires High School diploma or a GED equivalent. Must be a
graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assistants.
Certified/Registered preferred. Requires a current BLS
Moderate physical activity of a clinical nature on a daily basis.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Normal work hours for this position are Monday through Friday
dayshift, unless otherwise specified by management staff.COMPLIANCE
Abide by the requirements of all applicable State and Federal
MEDICAL HOME STATEMENT:
Be aware and understand expectations and responsibilities of the
Patient Centered Medical Home. Understand role, complete relevant
duties, and the requirement to maintain highest level of
proficiency within scope, as part of this team-based approach in
the patient care continuum.
Keywords: So IL Health Care Foundation, Springfield , Medical Assistant Float, Healthcare , East Saint Louis, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!