Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant-Certified, Weight Loss & Wellness
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Performs a wide variety of patient care activities for the clinic's
patients, including general nursing care, administration of
prescribed medications and treatments, education of patients and
families, and response to patient telephone calls. All care is
provided under the supervision of the physician and/or mid-level
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing
- LPN licensure required.
- Valid CPR certification required.Experience:
- Prior computer experience preferred.Other
- Must be able to exhibit average typing and grammatical skills,
a typing proficiency test may be required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.Responsibilities
- Seeks supervision prior to initiating new or unfamiliar nursing
activities. Follows nursing process of assessment, planning,
intervention and evaluation, incorporating physical as well as
psycho-social needs of designated patient populations in person,
and over the telephone. Practices within professional scope and
current standards of care. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard
when accessing protected health information.
- Documents according to professional scope and current standard
of care ensuring that entries are complete. Reviews quality audits
and makes improvements accordingly.
- Assists in various aspects of patient flow process including,
but not limited to securing/stocking necessary supplies, preparing
exam room and patient for examination, assisting the provider with
the exam or procedure, providing treatments and medications as
ordered by the provider, and cleaning/disinfecting exam/treatment
area after use.
- Assists with various aspects of diagnostic testing including
obtaining and/or preparing specimens, labeling/recording, and
communicating results. Performs miscellaneous CLIA-waived testing.
May perform EKG's/rhythm strips, spirometry, pulse oximetry,
nebulizers, as well as other testing outlined by the provider.
- Assists clinic in meeting financial goals related to revenue
and expense. Obtains appropriate insurance referrals and
pre-certifications. Finds most cost effective means when
securing/stocking necessary supplies.
- Responsible for working with team to improve processes and
implement quality plans, and provide a high level of patient
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team
goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant-Certified, Weight Loss & Wellness, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!