Licensed Social Worker - Hospice
Company: Christian Horizons
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Overview:BE PART OF SOMETHING MOREAt Safe Haven Hospice
(Christian Horizons), you'll find a rewarding place to work with
the satisfaction that comes from living your purpose and making a
real difference in the lives of others. You'll find an incredible
spirit in our ministry. It's in the smiles of those we care for and
the dedication of our associates. It inspires all who share our
mission - from home-based care givers to managers, nurses and
pastors. Remarkable people work here and there's a place here for
you.Founded in 1962, our God-centered mission continues today. Our
mission is to cultivate a compassionate and positive environment
where living means thriving, where those we care for can lead the
abundant life they were intended to lead.We are seeking a Hospice
Social Worker to provide support and counsel to patients and their
families on social matters. The successful candidate will listen to
patient and family concerns and assist staff to implement
appropriate action.The health and safety of our associates and
residents is a priority. To this end, effective NOV 15, flu and
Covid-19 vaccinations will be a condition of employment with the
exception of an approved accommodation. Vaccines are offered free
of chargeWE OFFER
- Competitive Wages including Shift Differentials
- PathwayPay (daily pay) - Get your pay, when you need it.
- Consistent Assignments
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group
Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other PerksResponsibilities:
- Demonstrate compassionate care by listening to all customers,
and timely responding to their needs.
- Complete a psychosocial assessment on all patients according to
- Assists patient and family with social concerns associated with
the dying process by utilizing social services assessments, life
review counseling, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate, and appropriate documentation
- Provide for the psychosocial needs to all Hospice patients per
the Plan of Care
- Maintain accumulation of CEU's per state guidelines for
- Act as a liaison between SHH and the patients and their
families, addressing and assisting in finding solutions to any
problems that arise.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs and
- Provide emotional support to hospice staff and volunteers.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health
information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either
during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an
- Function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide
quality care to all patients.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each patient by
consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their
- Participate in Safe Haven Hospice's Quality Improvement
- Assume responsibility for department compliance with federal,
state, local, and corporate regulations.
- Observe all SHH policies and procedures, including but not
limited to safety, infection control, residents' rights, and those
contained in the employee handbook.
- Provide social work services and bereavement services in
accordance with the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care.
- Assist the members of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team and
patients and their families to understand the significance of
social and emotional factors related to the patient's care and
beginning at the time of admission and continuing after a patient's
death up to thirteen (13) months.
- Participate in in-service programs and training both internally
and externally to promote professional growth and understanding of
- Master's degree from a school of social work accredited by the
Council on Social Work Education or equivalent education.
- Licensed as a social worker in the State or meets all education
and experience requirements for licensure in the State and is
prepared to take examination within six (6) months employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in social work,
preferably in a home care agency, or a hospital, outpatient clinic,
rehabilitation center, or mental health program.
- Must meet all state continuing education requirements for
- Able to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal
tactfully with personnel, patients, families, visitors, government
agencies, and the general public.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a
desire to continuously learn.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined
by Christian Horizons background check policy, with no
disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more
of the offenses defined within.
- Valid driver's license and daily access to a reliable and
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in confidential
Keywords: Christian Horizons, Springfield , Licensed Social Worker - Hospice, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!