Medical Director Position - Lincoln, IL
Company: Wexford Health Sources
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Lincoln, Illinois. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Wexford
Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative correctional health
care company, provides clients with experienced management and
technologically advanced services, combined with programs that
control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades,
Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise
and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy,
utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing,
and quality management services. At Wexford Health our philosophy
is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone.
We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Medical
Director to join our team of healthcare professionals at the
Lincoln Correctional Center, in Lincoln, IL.
We're proud to offer our providers an extremely competitive
benefits package including:
• Company-paid medical malpractice insurance
• Generous company-paid CME allowance with paid time off to
• No completing insurance forms and waiting for reimbursement
• No hassles or overhead costs associated with private practice
• Steady income with no need to look for new patients
• Annual review with performance increase
• Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
• Paid holidays
• Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Dental and Vision insurance
• 401(k) retirement saving plans
• Company-paid short-term disability
• Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Site Medical Director leads and oversees Wexford medical
practice at their site(s) in order to ensure and promote
high-quality medical care. They are ultimately responsible for all
health care provided by Wexford Health Sources and delivered at
their site(s). They are responsible for providing leadership in
administrative matters, clinical program development, quality
management, utilization management and staff education at their
site(s) in a manner consistent with the corporate objectives and
philosophy of Wexford Health Sources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Spends the majority of their time with direct patient contact
and clinical care.
2. Works closely with and maintains good relationships with the
Regional Medical Director, the Director of Operations, the Regional
Administrator, the site Health Care Unit Administrator and the
state and county medical authority.
3. Actively engaged in helping to identify and facilitate the
solving of all operational and clinical issues for their
4. Actively leads the evaluation and monitoring of chronic illness
programs at their site(s).
5. Actively participates in Facility Quality committees as
6. Actively leads all Utilization Management (UM) efforts at their
7. Ensures that orientation and training of all medical and
clinical staff is accomplished at their site(s).
8. Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
LICENSING: Must have a current state MD license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
• Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school.
• Interest in obtaining Masters in Medical Management, Masters in
Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
• Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
• Experience or training in administrative aspect of health
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources, Springfield , Medical Director Position - Lincoln, IL, Healthcare , Lincoln, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!