Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $24-38 per hour
Posted on: May 5, 2021
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED - Emergency
Department for a nursing job in Fenton, Missouri.Job Description &
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumer's health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- 1 year minimum PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.-Provides direct nursing care in
settings where patients require complex assessments and
intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization.
About SSM HealthThrough our exceptional health care services, we
reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic,
not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs
of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully
integrated health care delivery system. The organization's nearly
40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing
exceptional health care services and revealing God's healing
presence to everyone they serve. With care delivery sites in
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23
hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and
virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home
care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health
insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one
of the largest employers in every community it serves. Our Mission:
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing
presence of God. Spending nearly one year developing a single
Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM
Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today
that Mission statement is 13 words - short by design. Inspired by
our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do
things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the
mission as our own. Values Inspired by our founding religious
sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person.
Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage
and ministry: - Compassion:--We reveal the healing presence of God
through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person. -
Respect:--We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and
well-being of every person. - Excellence:--We provide exceptional
care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our
Mission. - Stewardship:--We use financial, human and natural
resources responsibly and care for the environment. -
Community:--We cultivate relationships that inspire service and
promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities,
with special concern for the poor and marginalized. SSM Health's
Quality Principles - Patients and other customers are our first
priority. - Quality is achieved through people. - All work is part
of a process. - Decision-making by facts. - Quality requires
continuous quality improvement. Vision Through our participation in
the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those
that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will
experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment
within the financial limits of the system. Benefits - Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified) - Dental Plans -
Vision Plans - Health Savings Account (HSA) - Health Care FSA -
Dependent Care FSA - Retirement Savings - Paid Time Off (PTO) -
Disability - Life Insurance - Tuition Reimbursement - Adoption
Reimbursement - Bereavement - Employee Assistance Program -
Relocation Bonus (if qualified)
Keywords: NurseFly, Springfield , Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $24-38 per hour, Healthcare , Fenton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!