CNA - Part Time Nights - Concordia Village Care Center
Company: LUTHERAN SENIOR SERVICES
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Compensation starting at $15/hour for CNAs! SummaryProvides
supportive and functional care to residents with routine daily care
in accordance with established community care procedures as
directed by nursing leadership. Works as a member of and
collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team with a focus on
maintaining the resident as the director of their care.A CNA
upholds the philosophy, vision, and core values of the organization
and ensures the Christian Mission of Lutheran Senior Services is
realized so that Older Adults Live Life to the Fullest . Scope of
PracticeCNA - Practice within the scope of certification and by
state and federal regulations and in accordance with the standards
as defined in the currently recognized state Certified Nursing
Assistant Training Manual. Practice in accordance with the LSS
clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides medical and physical care, in accordance with their
scope of practice (CNA), to the residents to meet their daily
- Handles the residents personal care needs and support in a
timely manner. Helps the resident keep their dignity by letting
them do as much for themselves as possible.
- Observes the residents closely and identifies changing needs
and conditions. Reports information to the nursing staff.
- Actively participates in the resident s care/service plan for
the purpose of improving the life of the resident.
- Assists residents during mealtimes and feeds residents that
need full assistance.
- Creates and maintains meaningful relationships with residents
- Supports the resident s involvement in decision making
regarding their daily activities. Assists the residents with
- Assists with therapies and treatments under the direction of
- Respects privacy, follows HIPPA requirements, only shares
information on an as needed basis and always knocks on a resident s
door before entering. Person-Centered Care Culture and Expectations
Related to the Role
- Makes the setting become home to the resident allowing them to
have a voice in their choices.
- Helps make the setting a healthy and happy place.
- Treats residents as you would a valued family member with
kindness and respect.
- Ability to be open-minded and flexible in meeting the needs and
desires of the resident and their family.
- A desire to learn about the residents by observing their
behavior and listening to them.
- A willingness to take an active role rather than waiting to be
told what to do.
- A desire to solve problems using common sense and creativity
and seeking help when needed.
- A desire to have a voice in the care and concerns of the
- A desire to be a good team member and show respect for other
- Participates in training on solving conflicts and works to
- Discusses concerns about a resident in private with appropriate
people, for example the leadership team, resident s family,
- Thinks of new ideas and fun activities that will interest the
- Is sensitive to residents with dementia and tries to find ways
to connect with them.
- Encourages and supports residents to continue to maintain
independence and to continually learn and grow, encouraging them to
live life to the fullest. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills &
- A desire to be part of the Person Centered Care team.
- Current CNA certification.
- Background check with no disqualifying offenses.
- Experience with direct care preferable. Physical Requirements
and Working ConditionsThe physical activities, demands and working
conditions described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job duties and
responsibilities.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk to hear. The
employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 45 lbs.
- A well-lighted and ventilated working area that has its own
temperature control system (air conditioning and heat).
- Is subject to emotionally upset residents, or family
- Is willing to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends
and holidays when necessary.
- Is subject to exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and
toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B
virus within guidelines of standard precautions.
- Appropriate ergonomic and personal safety equipment is provided
as needed. This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position. Employees may be required to follow other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as
requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
crna, arnp, care nurse, cna, fnp, gerontological nurse
practitioner, midwife, np, prac, splst
Keywords: LUTHERAN SENIOR SERVICES, Springfield , CNA - Part Time Nights - Concordia Village Care Center, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!