Registered Nurse, Home Hospice
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Provides nursing care to assigned patients through the use of
nursing process in accordance with standard nursing practice and
established nursing policies and procedures. Assumes full
responsibility and accountability for coordination of patient care;
services, referrals and resources for assigned caseload. Supervises
care rendered by Home Health Aides. Adheres to MHS Mission, Vision
and Values and the Illinois Nursing Act.
- BSN is preferred. Licensure/Certification/Registry:
- License to practice professional nursing in Illinois
- Current CPR certification required.
- Will accept a MHSvc car for business purposes only as deemed
necessary by geography/mileage. Must possess valid Illinois drivers
license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance
with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of
- Meets credit range for Clinical Ladder Levels as follows:
- Clinical Nurse I: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 0-9
credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid.
- Clinical Nurse II: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of
10-19 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of
behaviors from at least two categories of the Grid.
- Clinical Nurse III: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of
20-29 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of
behaviors from at least three categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN,
enrollment in a BSN or MSN program, or national certification
- A minimum of two (2) years acute care clinical experience is
preferred. Home health experience preferred. Other
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult
patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform
patient care tasks as required.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood,
bodily fluids/tissue, contagious diseases, animals, etc.
Professional Nursing Care
- Perform age appropriate assessment utilizing critical thinking
- Function as a case manager for a group of patients in a
particular geographic location.
- Provide after hours care on a rotation basis.
- Develop and revise an individualized Plan Of Care in
partnership with patient/caregiver based on Identification of
- Implement specific interventions to attain outcomes.
- Communicate/collaborate with other disciplines to provide
optimal patient care and services.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as
- Participate in educational offerings (ex: skills day; oxygen
inservice; etc) Supervision and Delegation
- Appropriately supervise performance of LPN.
- Appropriately supervise performance of HHA and provide
documentation to support such. Communication and Collaboration
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Use therapeutic communication techniques.
- Demonstrate assertiveness.
- Communicate relevant patient information to other disciplines
and MD as appropriate.
- Document patient care according to MHSvc
- Ensure appropriate implementation of MD orders.
- Participate in operational meetings (ex: All staff, MHS
- Promote patient/family education.
- Precept nursing students.
- Participate in clinically/operationally related focus groups.
Quality and Safety
- Identify and resolve patient safety risks.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (Quality
Initiative measures) including efforts to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate ethical decision making.
- Advocate for patients/families/caregivers.
- Responsibly manages all equipment, supplies in his/her
possession, including, but not limited to, laptop computer, FAX
machine, cell phone, patient care supplies, etc.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, domiciliary,
intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse rn, recovery, registed,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Registered Nurse, Home Hospice, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!