Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Cardiac
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Our Cardiac Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists administers
anesthesia for all cardiac and vascular procedures employing a
variety of techniques to render persons insensible to pain during a
variety of surgical, dental, obstetric, and diagnostic procedures.
Evaluating the effectiveness of interventions and assist in
identification of alternative strategies. Demonstrate knowledge of
the principles of growth and development for patients of adult age
through geriatrics. Assess and interpret data reflective of the
patient's status and provide care relative to their age-specific
needs in accordance with the department''s policies, procedures,
and standards of care.
They are directed by an Anesthesiologist and work in a
collaborative team approach to improve quality, safety, and control
costs. Serve as clinical mentor for Student Nurse Anesthetists.
Due to our continued growth, Memorial Medical Center has multiple
needs for Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists. Positions are
available full time in the Main OR, CVOR or as a split 50/50
between Main OR and CVOR.
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Diverse case mix
- Newest technology available with standardized equipment
throughout the health system
- Robust EHR (Cerner)
- Hospital employed; competitive salary and benefits package
- Reimbursement for continuing education with educational leave
- Financial assistance of up to $30,000 available while pursuing
- Sign on bonus of up to $30,000
- Relocation assistance available
- Completed AANA approved course in Anesthesia. Doctorate degree,
Master's degree or equivalent required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse in
State of Illinois.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or new graduate who is
eligible for certification.
- BLS and ACLS certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required
in departments where pediatric patients are treated.
- Maintains current Registered Nursing license and Advanced
Practice Nursing license in Illinois.
- Maintains current CRNA certification.
- Maintains current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Maintains PALS certification as required if applicable.
- Completes annual computer based learning and CRNA competency
- Validates competencies for Laboratory waive testing.
- Completes annual self-evaluation and submits documentation for
annual performance appraisal. Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Able to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and
possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other patient care
duties as required. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV
insertion and intubation.
- Working conditions include exposure to blood, bodily fluids and
tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Cardiac, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!