Mental Health Professional-full-time, great pay!
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: December 5, 2019
POSITION: Licensed Mental Health Professional (Clinical/
SCHEDULE: 8a-4p Tuesday - Saturday (40hrs/week)
FACILITY: Logan Correctional Center
LOCATION: Lincoln, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation's leading
innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health
Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS NOW AVAILABLE!!!
$27.04 hourly rate for LSWs/LPCs
$30.09 hourly rate for LCSWs/LCPCs
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package
* Annual increase
* 39 total paid days off per year
* 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
* Company-paid CEU's
* Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Dental and Vision insurance
* Company-paid short-term disability
* Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health
manager and clinical supervision from the Chief Psychiatrist,
provides social work services to patients receiving mental health
services. Duties include assessment, consultation, liaison, and
psychotherapeutic interventions as appropriate. Communicates
clinical findings in writing, as well as through consultation with
Mental Health Unit staff. Utilizes electronic medical record system
as applicable throughout the scope of duties and
* Provide clinical screenings and assessments for treatment needs
of offenders referred by medical, counseling, security, or other
* In the absence of a Clinical Psychologist, provide clinical
supervision of the center Crisis Team. This includes provision of
quarterly Crisis Team training and consultation to team members on
all crisis interventions. Such consultations may be carried out by
phone during off duty hours.
* Provide crisis intervention counseling, brief therapy, and group
therapy as indicated for Center residents.
* Provide consultation on mental health issues to the center
* Provide staff training to center personnel on mental health
issues including the function of the Crisis Team and how to access
* Monitor the provisions of crisis services to include review of
documentation for accuracy, completeness, and fulfillment of Center
directives and procedures.
* Monitor the clinical condition and treatment needs of special
offender populations (e.g., Guilty but Mentally III or offenders
receiving antipsychotic medication) as determined necessary by
Center or agency directive or local policy.
* Maintain required documentation on all mental health contacts to
include submission of a monthly summary report to the agency Chief
of Mental Health Services.
* Where applicable, provide psychological services for those
offenders who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities.
Services to include work up and any court hearing testimony
* Provide services in compliance with all Administrative Directives
* Provide staff training in areas related to mental health issues
such as signs and symptoms of mental illness, management of
mentally ill offenders, crisis intervention and related topics.
* Provide re-entry psycho-educational services to mentally ill
offenders returning to the community upon discharge.
* Participate in Behavioral Health Ground Rounds as directed.
* Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform
other duties as required or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current license or license eligible and actively in
process of obtaining licensure (LCSW, LSW, LPC, or LCPC).
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited university with a Master's
Degree in a Mental Health area.
* Clinical License Preferred
* Correctional experience
* Two years post-degree clinical experience
* Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Keywords: Wexford Health, Springfield , Mental Health Professional-full-time, great pay!, Healthcare , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!