Sales Director, Quality Controls
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll
be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of $24 billion and the
largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people
the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions
to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Director of Sales role is responsible for leading the U.S.
Quality Controls sales teams for CDD and assuring the team achieves
the annual growth goals. This includes managing three direct
reports, approximately 16 Account Managers and over $20 million in
sales. The Director of Sales will work closely with his/her sales
managers, sales representatives and corporate staff including
Marketing, Business Development, and Finance to establish and
achieve revenue and profit goals for the particles and toxicology
business. In addition, the Director of Sales will be responsible
for leading professional and career development for his/her team
and will develop and implement strategies and tactical plans that
will assure successful completion of the goals.
What will you do?
- Communicates with individual sales representatives on a regular
basis to monitor account pipeline and assure core competency
requirements are met.
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with
Quality Control teams to assure quarterly and annual goals are
achieved and exceeded.
- Continually help to improve the company culture by practice and
example to the 4I values of Thermo Fisher Scientific Integrity,
Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Hire, coach, train, and mentor sales representatives, including
corrective actions if necessary through the Thermo Performance
Management and Development program.
- Works extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage
customer account base and monitor reps sales performance and
- Plan and develops Sales Meetings as well as conference calls to
implement sales initiatives, trainings, and policies.
- Work with sales representatives, managers and VP, Commercial
Operations and finance to create customer pricing strategies and
proposals that assure growth and profitability.
- Complete all company required training programs such as Role of
the Leader training.
- Works with Sales Operations team to create incentives and sales
- Assist VP, Commercial Operations in annual budget process,
financial data gathering and reports, as well as presentations to
customers, reps, and Thermo leadership.
- Continually strive to connect with other divisions within
Thermo Fisher Scientific to assure maximum penetration of Thermo
products in the toxicology market.
- Work with Business Units through Marketing and Product Managers
to assure alignment to division goals for new product launches and
other Marketing initiatives.
- Use various market networks such as customers, thought leaders,
and all available channels to assess competitive information,
customer needs, and other sources. Use this information for sales
strategy, pricing, and reporting to assure the company remains
innovative and competitive within the market.
- 50% Domestic travel
How will you get here?
- Must have B.S./B.A. in business, life sciences or equivalent.
MBA is strongly preferred.
- 8 or more years of sales experience and a minimum of 4 years of
direct sales management with demonstrated success in the medical
diagnostics or similar market.
- Ability to travel extensively and as needed. Minimum travel is
- Strong analytical skills that coincide with the ability to
implement complex selling strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations,
customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal
- Superior relationship-building ability.
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and
- Works independently and does not require constant supervision
or direction and the ability to make competent decisions on a
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial reports,
forecasting, and other key data reporting tools.
- Reports weekly and monthly to the VP, Commercial Operations on
critical customer information, revenue target progress and team
- Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: Proven successful sales and
sales management experience. Must be able to show success
individually selling as well as managing a team to success.
- Ability to travel without limitation.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills and
demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix
- Proven ability to assess, attract, retain and develop personnel
to meet performance expectations and fill future leadership
- Must be results oriented and be able to lead the sales team to
achieve region sales and profit goals.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that will instill
confidence in employees, management, supplier partners and
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Springfield , Sales Director, Quality Controls, Executive , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!