Assistant Executive Director
Company: Cedarhurst Senior Living
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open,
listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only
a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older
adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join
our team as an Assistant Executive Director at our Cedar Creek of
Godfrey community .
As an Assistant Executive Director, you will have to opportunity to
connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents
daily! You will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director
in strategic planning, driving profitability and being accountable
for all operations and programs.
As an Assistant Executive Director, working with the Executive
Director, you will impact the lives of our residents by
- Assist in the administration, selection, employment,
discipline, and discharge of all personnel in accordance with
- Coordinate training for new and existing employees
- Maintain employee timecards and submit payroll to HR, and
maintain other employment records as necessary
- Perform management duties in the absence of the Executive
- Oversee the functions of the business office including
assisting with marketing functions, conducting community tours,
coordinate billing, accounts receivable and payable processing, and
making bank deposits
- Participate in planning and implementing strategies established
for the efficient and effective operation of the community
- Post ledgers, balance and reconcile individual resident
- Ensure efficient operations and compliance with the financial
goals established in the approved budget
- Assist in development of Operating and Capital Expenditure
Budget for the community
- Serve as principal telephone and office receptionist as
necessary during business hours
- Maintain and safeguard the property of the community in
accordance with accepted policies
- Exercise sound fiduciary responsibility while adhering strictly
to established policies and procedures of the organization
- Cooperate to the fullest extent possible with all municipal,
county, state, and federal agencies, departments, bureaus, and
commissions which maintain or exercise any regulatory authority
over the community to include Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness
policies and procedures
- Pursue a personal program of continuing education in all
relevant aspects of the senior living industry as determined
appropriate by management
- Participate in all staff activities designed to develop
teamwork, unity and promote morale
- Other duties as assigned
To become an Assistant Executive Director, you will need
- Two (2) years of experience in a senior care community with
proven leadership and organizational skills, state required
license/certification for operating an Assisted Living/Memory Care
community is desired.
- Proven ability to assist with managing four to five (4-10)
subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately
30-100 employees in the areas of Housekeeping, Wellness, Life
Enrichment, Sales, Dining, Maintenance, and Office.
- Demonstrates competence in the area of regulatory compliance
and ensures that the property stays in regulatory compliance with
all regulatory agencies.
- Proven experience in leadership, development, and retention of
- Passion for working with older adults.
- Great customer service.
- Servant leadership.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate clearly and take
direction from management, as well as to take initiative and go
above and beyond to meet resident needs.
- Flexibility and the ability to work weekends, as needed. Be on
call at all times.
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position which
includes, but is not limited to, seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office,
Prism, Kronos, Yardi, electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Must have experience with accounting functions, such as A/P,
A/R, posting ledgers, balancing, and reconciling accounts.
- Experience with processing new hire information & payroll,
basic human resources experience is preferred
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member
will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful
and Approachable and in every way a real, true friend of those we
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means youre devoted to doing The
Friends Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and
inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For
this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as
well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team
members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including
medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability
coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents,
family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All
offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a
background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19
vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19
and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $56,700 / year
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss
potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Cedarhurst Senior Living, Springfield , Assistant Executive Director, Executive , Godfrey, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!