Company: Dairy Queen
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking for an experienced and skilled restaurant manager
who can run a store effectively and with attention to detail. The
ideal candidate will create positive memories for all who touch DQ.
The management team is responsible for executing all aspects of
restaurant operations including crew training, financial
performance, product production, inventory, sales, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will set and hold staff accountable to high
standards, creating a great environment for both the crew and
- Flexible Schedule
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Monthly and yearly bonuses
- Simple IRA matching
- Role is scheduled for 45 hours per week
- Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including
moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work around nuts and other allergens.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the
- Manage entire operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts.
Strive for operational levels that meet or exceed the Fans
expectations in the areas of quality, service and atmosphere,
creating value through an excellent experience and a fair price.
Accurately complete designated duties such as inventory control,
ordering of products, cash control.
- Ensure that shift leads and crew are trained and fully
knowledgeable on all PRIDE systems and routines, product recipes,
food safety practices and restaurant safety practices.
- Ensure that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated
into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, setting each
scheduled shift up for success.
- Execute the restaurants business plan as directed by the Owner
and Director of Operations, taking advice and coaching from the
Owner, Director of Operations, ADQ Business Consultants, field
staff or territory operator.
- Understand how to react to issues impacting the restaurants
profit & loss (P&L) to optimize sales and profit, such as
analyzing COGS and taking corrective action if necessary,
maintaining inventory, projecting restaurant demand changes
throughout the year and adjusting labor accordingly, ensuring that
cash control/security procedures are followed, and understanding
the P&L implications of workers compensation claims.
- Assist with developing and implementing strategies to increase
average meal checks and frequency of Fan visits.
- Ensure that Fan service in all areas meets or exceeds company
- Establish standards for the management team and crew to handle
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly and appropriately
addressed to resolve the problem and ensure that each dissatisfied
customer becomes a return Fan.
- Understand the importance of speed of service and resolve
bottlenecks in work flow.
- Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership
- Accomplish store objectives of hiring, training, coaching and
developing shift leads and crew members to build a highly skilled
and productive team.
- Execute training and new hire orientations; clearly communicate
job expectations; monitor employee and manager performance and job
contributions, provide ongoing and helpful feedback against
- Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
- At a minimum, have a basic understanding of how to prepare
hourly employee schedules to meet the staffing requirements for
each day part and seasonal demands.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant
staff to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working
climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale,
productivity and efficiency.
Health and Safety Standards
- Ensure that Food Safety is the top training priority in store
operations. Ensure that proper hand washing, product rotation
procedures, and temperature logging are visible and active
behaviors. Role model and enforce safe food handling
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by
establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and
procedures, complying with health and legal regulations and
maintaining security systems or routines.
- Understands how to react in the event of an emergency such as a
workers compensation accident, a robbery, etc.
- Bring useful ideas on how to attract new Fans and increase
restaurant sales through marketing promotions and activities.
- Effectively execute some assigned aspects of local store
marketing activities and projects such as public and community
relations programs, evaluating local competitors store marketing,
identifying and tracking changing consumer demands.
- Minimum 1-3 years of high volume restaurant leadership
experience, required. Previous quick service restaurant experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of effectively managing COGS and
- Strong knowledge and application of safe food handling
- Must be ServSafe certifiable
- Customer focus - strong hospitality and customer service
skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
- Trainer and coach - ability to be a strong trainer or coach to
others on restaurant routines and systems, as well as how to
effectively interact with customers and each other.
- Management skills - excellent track record of coaching and
training employees and effectively resolving employee relations
issues. Ability to motivate a strong team, and set a positive and
upbeat store environment.
- Organization and goal focused - must be highly organized and
detail-oriented with the capability to oversee many aspects of the
business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced
- Must be able to actively work to achieve and exceed set goals
for the business.
- Technical - proficiency with computers and with Point of Sale
- Flexibility and adaptability -willingness to follow directions
and a commitment to meet DQ standards in all you do.
- Integrity-does the right thing even when no one is looking,
honest, earns trust of others.Company IntroductionDairy Queen (DQ)
franchisees, employees and crew members have been focused on
creating positive memories for all who touch DQ, for over 80 years.
Unlike any other quick-service brand, DQ food and treats hold a
special place in the hearts of fans of all ages, from all around
the globe. Thats why DQ fans have always been our top priority and
why we continue to look for new ways to surprise and delight them.
Doing so is our passion. Its what sets DQ restaurants apart and is
what is helping us reach our vision of being the worlds favorite
Keywords: Dairy Queen, Springfield , Assistant Manager, Executive , Collinsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!