Community Medical Director- Springfield, IL
Company: WellBe Senior Medical
Posted on: September 25, 2022
*About Us: *
*Come reimagine care with us!* *We're on a mission to change the
way medical care is delivered around the country.*
By supplying home-based medical care to patients who need it most,
WellBe is changing lives by providing care wherever our patients
call home. WellBe's primary care services are delivered by a team
of licensed clinicians in the comfort of the patient's home. By
combining the strength of physicians, nurse practitioners, social
workers, paramedics, and other healthcare professionals, WellBe
delivers an extra level of support to the patients we serve in
This high-risk population is typically underserved and challenged
with access to care which we provide. To address these problems, we
have elected to bring the care to the patient, instead of trying to
bring the patient to the care. WellBe's clinician-led geriatric
care teams provide concierge-level medical care and social support
in the home as well as delivering and coordinating across the
entire care continuum - from chronic care and urgent care in the
home to hospital to skilled nursing facility to assisted living to
palliative care, to end-of-life care.
Joining WellBe means joining a growing, purpose-driven organization
to deliver the highest quality care to our senior communities and
to make an impact on lives every day.
*WellBe's Culture is Welcoming*
* Be part of something important:
* Be part of pioneering a new way of healthcare that is
revolutionizing the industry.
* A patient-focused environment that ensures patients can live a
fulfilling life whatever their health level is. Our focus is to
give our patients more good days.
* Give yourself incredible opportunities:
* Growth and development opportunities across expanding markets in
the company and celebrate success on a global scale.
* Training in the WellBe model and team-based care. Full in-person
orientation, vision, mission, and values introduction, and
instilling cultural ideals. Respect and trust for how you work and
how you make a difference.
* Work as part of a collaborative team with a strong team
* You own your role, contribute to the team, and feel the enormous
impact on lives.
* Leadership that listens, trusts, empowers, and supports.
* Empowerment and ownership for solving problems that arise and
doing the right thing in each interaction.
* Pioneering a new way of healthcare that is revolutionizing the
*What we offer:*
* Full-time permanent, work seeing patients in their home,
traveling around to other home locations. Work during the daytime,
flexible schedule, and on-call rotation.
* Rich and competitive total rewards package including health
benefits, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent care
reimbursement, STD/LTD, 401k match with immediate vesting, paid
time off / floating holidays, commuter/transportation (mileage)
reimbursement, and educational reimbursement.
* The opportunity to work with a progressive company, who is making
a difference each day with every patient.
*About the Position:*Our Community Medical Directors oversee the
clinical" Community Team" dedicated to a patient community
population. Community Medical Director will be expected to manage,
mentor, and guide the clinical "Community Team" as well as deliver
primary, urgent, and acute medical care to an assigned population
of patients. A successful candidate will collaborate with various
clinicians along with administrative/operational team(s) to deliver
exceptional clinical, operational outcomes to WellBe patients and
their families. The Community Medical Director will be a WellBe
Ambassador responsible for working with community physicians,
hospitals, and other medical facilities including SNF's. Community
Medical Director at WellBe will be expected to contribute to our
culture of collaboration, innovation, significant impact to the
lives of our patients while experiencing personal growth within the
*WellBe Community Medical Director - What to Expect*:
* Practices the WellBe mission: To help our patients lead
healthier, meaningful lives by delivering the most Complete
* Collaborates with a clinical "Community Team" consisting of
interdisciplinary team in managing the health and wellbeing of
patients living in their homes.
* Has a successful relationship with the Market GM, and Senior
Medical Officer to achieve quality outcomes and growth in the
* Understanding the impact on local and national landscape
involving the WellBe clinical model consisting of: Health Policy,
Socioeconomics, competition, CMS, regulatory, and other clinical
data relevant to quality patient care.
* Prioritizes and acts on the most promising opportunities to
improve outcomes/performance of the Community metrics (i.e.
clinical, cost/revenue, partnerships, and quality measures).
* Spends time fostering key relationships in the Community
* For Hospitals and SNFs, where WellBe is not the attending,
Community Medical Director will identify Hospitalists and SNFist
groups, build individual relationships where mutual patient
outcomes are achieved and creating contractual relationships when
additional alignment is needed
* Partner with WellBe Leadership to grow the organization, innovate
the model and improve execution
* Develops constructive Cross-functional / Matrix Relationships
with WellBe business partners to enable the model.
* Community Medical Director will be responsible for floating
within the community physician role as needed
* Other tasks needed to accomplish team's objectives/goals
* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
* Current and valid state medical license required
* 5+ years' experience managing an interdisciplinary team
* 5+ years' minimum experience as a community physician providing
* 3+ years' responsibility for managing a P&L
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Geriatric certified preferred
* Palliative care certified/focus preferred
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
* Have a valid driver's license, have access to a car and
willingness to drive to patient homes/patient location as well as
an active auto insurance policy
* EHR medical documentationexperience
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal
* Excellent bedside manner and time management skills
*Supervisory Responsibility*: This position will have direct
Travel may be required up to 100% locally.
Ability to lift up to 20lbs. Moving lifting or transferring of
patients may involve lifting of up to 50lbs as well as assist with
weights of more than 100lbs. Ability to stand for extended
Ability to drive to patient locations (ie. home, hospital, SNF,
etc). Fine motor skills/visual acuity
*WellBe Senior Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity, inclusion, and equity and encourage all interested
readers to apply at wellbeseniormedical.com/careers.*
*The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope
regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position
classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change, or rescind the work assignments of this position.
Management also reserves the right to make reasonable
accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the
essential functions of this role.*
*Springfield, IL 62704 *Primary Location: *Springfield, IL 62704
***Job: Clinical-Medical Doctor MD, Doctor of Osteopath DO, Regular
Physician Shift. Full Time Job Level: Day Job, 8am, 5pm, Travel,
Monday, Friday. No evening, no weekend hours unless desired. Job,
Clinical, Nursing,**Regular, Job Type, Physician Standard, Pay,
Hours. Geriatric population
Keywords: WellBe Senior Medical, Springfield , Community Medical Director- Springfield, IL, Executive , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!