Assistant Sanitation Production Manager
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Most Sundays off! No late shifts! Room to grow!
Position Summary: The Assistant Production Manager, under the
direction of the Department Manager, will be responsible for
assisting in all aspects of operating the Sanitation Department.
This will include Associate relations, internal and external
customer relations, planning, communication with other departments,
and adherence to and enforcement of the Food Safety Plan.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience working in a structured
sanitation environment performing all sanitation & supervisory
- Must have a minimum of one year of supervisory experience and
demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and build a team of
Associates while creating a positive work environment.
- Must be proficient in all sanitation duties and the ability to
operate sanitation equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and monitor and direct
Associates within the department.
- Must be proactive and self-directed while using effective
delegation and follow-up skills.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
with the ability to train & develop Associates and leads.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational
- Ability to set goals, prioritize work, and multi-task in a fast
paced production environment.
- Must have good problem solving skills with the ability to
coach, counsel and administer corrective action when
- Must have strong knowledge of food safety and proper food
handling standards. Serv-Safe Certification is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work in coolers, freezers and
hot humid areas (zero to 100 degrees) and work standing for the
majority of the work day.
- Must be opened-minded and receptive to change. Support the
goals and initiatives of management and be a team player willing to
assist in any area of the kitchen where needed.
- Treat all Associates with respect, in a fair and consistent
manner following the guidelines outlined in Dierbergs Associate
Handbook and under Code of Conduct.
- Must be proficient in reading SDS sheets, devising sanitation
plans and have an understanding of chemical uses, buying and
- Insure the adherence of all SSOP's, SOP's, GMP's, policies,
procedures and standards by all Sanitation Associates. Communicate
when violations of company/department policies and standards are
- Must possess strong Associate Relations skills with the ability
to teach, coach, and counsel Associates; build teamwork and
Associate morale; possess good conflict resolution skills; and the
ability to work with a wide variety of people with differing
backgrounds and abilities.
- Provide performance related feedback to Associates; provide
positive reinforcement, and Associate recognition to build a
positive work moral and teamwork within the department.
- Read and follow the Master Cleaning Schedule and meet the daily
sanitation needs by monitoring the productivity of Associates and
insuring tasks are completed in an efficient and timely
- Monitor and hold Associates accountable for following the
proper SSOP's, SOP's and GMP's.
- Train new Associates in the department and be a supportive
coach for all Associates within the department.
- Complete proper documentation such as Preventative Control
Logs, HACCP Logs and checklist as directed by the Quality Assurance
Department to keep in compliance with the Food Safety Plan.
- Ensure the proper use of equipment, including set-up,
operation, break-down and sanitation. Assist in reducing repair
cost associated with equipment neglect.
- Operate the department in the absence of the Department
Benefits & Perks:
- Weekly Paychecks
- Set pay increases
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- No Overnight shifts required (Most shifts end by 10 p.m.)
- AM and PM schedules available, paid scheduled breaks
- Minimal Sundays
- On-going training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Recognition Programs
- Health Benefits, Pension and 401-K after qualifying period
- Paid vacation and personal days after qualifying period
- Off most holidays (New Year's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving,
Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day). Holiday Pay for
six holidays (must meet scheduling requirements)
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of
the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to
perform. Associated topics: coordinator, corporate, director,
general manager, manage, manager, manager facilities, property
manager, representative, supervise
Keywords: Dierbergs, Springfield , Assistant Sanitation Production Manager, Executive , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!