Mission Planning Software Engineering Manager
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years
of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and
supporting logistics information systems.We have over 800 employees
worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative,
and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence
solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and
government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries,
including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.Title:-
Mission Planning Software Engineering Manager KLocation: Maryland
Heights, MO (Greater St. Louis Area)Position Summary:Integrated
Product Team Lead who oversees planning, development and
integration activities for Mission Planning Directorate projects.
Oversees Systems Engineering, Requirements Definition, Software
Development, Software Testing, User Evaluations, and Installation
and Check-outs. Program management efforts involve utilizing
traditional management techniques (Waterfall, EVM) as we transition
to Agile software development. Participates in Business Development
(BD) tasks as well as proposal preparation regularly in conjunction
with contracting officers, both corporate and within the US
Government. Applies technical knowledge of product support and
Program Management Best Practices to direct program activities.
Develops and executes project and process plans, implements
policies and procedures and sets operational goals. Accountable to
meet cost and schedule goals. Develops and maintains relationships
and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and
direct reports.Essential Functions:
- Applies in-depth understanding of program budget management
principles and practices to develop and administer program
- Ensures work statement is completed on schedule and
- Develops project and operational plans aligned to team
- Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer
requirements are achieved.
- Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute
- Reviews plans' execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and
- Monitors and reports appropriate metrics to ensure performance
- Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental
opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance
and expand capabilities.
- Provides on-going developmental feedback.
- Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve
employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated
- Develops workgroup, project or operational goals, objectives
and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company
- Measures progress, making adjustments as needed.
- Holds direct reports accountable for achieving goals.
- Achieves goals for productivity, quality and customer
- Provides technical direction and guidance to others regarding
approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects
- Systematically evaluates proper job classification of
employees, sets employee goals and objectives, manages and
evaluates performance to plan on a reoccurring basis.
- Recommends to upper management employee salaries based on
employee value and Company guidelines to provide a fair and
equitable work environment.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with USAF and FMS
customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
- Implements policies, procedures and documents to ensure
consistent execution of processes within workgroup in support of
Company and regulatory requirements.
- Forecasts resource needs and obtains and manages personnel,
facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet project and daily
- Evaluates business requirements against cost, schedule and
- Interprets business requirements for complex and multiple
project scope determination based on knowledge of the project
- Identifies and documents what is included (and not included)
within project scope.
- Manages overall project health (e.g., Cost Performance Index
[CPI], Schedule Performance Index [SPI], Earned Value, Common IT
- Ensures timely and appropriate generation, collection,
distribution, storage, retrieval and disposition of information for
complex and multiple projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Security Clearance:This
position requires a US Security Clearance for which the US
Government requires US Citizenship.
- An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is
required.Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience leading customer facing teams in a
formal role (Manager or Team Lead)
- 3+ years of experience with Program Management, including
scheduling and Cost Account Manager (CAM) Earned Value Management
- 3+ years of experience leading, managing or working within an
Agile application development team
- 1+ years of experience developing strategic technology roadmaps
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple stakeholders (i.e.
business partner, customer, Finance, suppliers) in planning and
- 3+ years of experience developing and presenting
recommendations to executive level managementPreferred Skills and
- Experience working as a Software, Systems, or Electrical
- Mission Planning experience-Joint Mission Planning System
- Experience in DevSecOps & Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Experience working within accepted project management standards
in the industry with any one or a combination of the following:
Project management Institute (PMI), Project Management Body of
Knowledge (PMBOK), Application, Development, & Sustaining
(AD&S)Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and typically 6 or more years' related work
experience, a Master's degree and typically 3 or more years'
related work experience or an equivalent combination of education
and experience.-----Relocation:This position is located in a
location that does not offer relocation.-Candidates must live in
the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.- All information provided will be
checked and may be verified.Please apply ASAP for this role as
recruitment may commence before the end date.
Keywords: BOEING, Springfield , Mission Planning Software Engineering Manager, Executive , Arnold, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!