Lead Vehicle Management System Requirements Engineer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Boeing Company is seeking highly motivated engineers with
design and analysis experience to support Vehicle Management System
(VMS) development, integration, and test, including requirements
validation/verification efforts, and ultimately flight testing.
Work will be performed at the Boeing St. Louis, MO area campus
locations supporting Boeing Phantom Works.-This role is for a Lead
Vehicle Management System Requirements Engineer (Level 4).POSITION
- Develop software requirements and design for a Vehicle
Management System (VMS).
- Design airplane input signal processing, redundancy management,
system monitoring and control.
- Apply model-based engineering techniques to design and verify
system requirements. Interpret requirements and functional
subsystem descriptions to formulate and test mathematical
- Coordinate and integrate requirements across engineering
- Verify and validate software against designed requirements in
virtual and hardware test environments.
- Conduct analysis to support certification of Vehicle Management
- Lead the team in designing, developing, integrating, and
testing system requirements.Export Control:This position requires
the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S.
Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S.
Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.Basic Qualifications
- Experience in software or hardware engineering, requirements,
design, development, test, and working with airborne certified
software and hardware
- Currently have at least a Bachelor's degree in Engineering,
Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or ChemistryPreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in an engineering leadership role (either as a lead
or a manager)
- Knowledge of VMS design activities (HW/SW design, integration,
modeling, and test procedure development).
- Familiarity with Simulink modeling for real-time embedded
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design and
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Clearcase, C++, C#, Visual
- A current DOD Secret clearance is highly desirable.Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibilityDrug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:This
position is for 1st shift
Keywords: BOEING, Springfield , Lead Vehicle Management System Requirements Engineer, Executive , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!