Company: STS Technical Services
Posted on: March 19, 2023
is hiring A&P Mechanics in Springfield, Illinois. Position
Overview: This position is responsible for performing routine
maintenance, and major inspections on corporate aircraft.
Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components
is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and
reinstallation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs
are all within the responsibility of the Mechanic, A&P. Job
- Responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to
make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques,
troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
- Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turbo powered
- Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure
air-worthiness prior to departure.
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and document
- Troubleshoot and repair all airframe systems as required
(hydraulics, landing gear, etc).
- May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
- Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and
Airworthiness Directive as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints,
technical manuals and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting
and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Utilizes mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments,
gauges and calibration test equipment.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping
rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
- Minimum of three -(3) years experience in aviation; preferably
- Must have the ability and experience to be eligible to acquire
delegated inspection authority status.
- Corporate aviation experience preferred on: Dassault Falcon
Jet, Bombardier, Gulfstream & Embraer.
- Aviation training preferred. This training may take the form of
military training, aeronautical academy or technical school
training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
- General aviation experience preferred.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on
the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes,
tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to
interface with customers and employees About STS Technical
Services: STS Technical Services -is a -Top 100 Staffing Firm
-that???s partnered with some of the largest names in the
aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our
professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at
client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of
exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to
speak to a -Recruiting Professional -directly, call
-1-800-359-4787. STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity
Keywords: STS Technical Services, Springfield , A&P Mechanics, Engineering , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...