Sales Engineer II Carrier Access, Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused technical expert talented in
supporting the sales of Layer two Ethernet services to wholesale
- Can you commit to a technical position evaluating client
networks and providing cost-effective business solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As an Enterprise Sales Engineer for Carrier Access, you focus on
exceeding client satisfaction by providing innovative technology
solutions for their complex business needs. You see the world
through the eyes of carrier access wholesale clients and understand
their goals, needs and objectives. You excel at putting together
cost-effective combinations of our layer two Ethernet services,
including metro area network (MAN), wide area network (WAN),
Carrier network to network interface (E-NNI), dedicated internet
access (DIA), Waves and internet protocol (IP) transit. You are
passionate about educating clients with presentations and proposals
that motivate them to share in your enthusiasm for Spectrum
Using your expertise and understanding of each client's current and
future networking needs, you outline solutions to their immediate
issues readying them for upsell and renewal opportunities. You
possess a keen ability to overcome technical obstacles to ensure a
smooth installation and integration process for clients. You thrive
in an office position and feel comfortable traveling to support
pre-sale activities for Carrier access accounts. You report
directly to the Manager of Sales Engineering Carrier Access for
goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Be an empowering member of the Carrier Access sales team by
providing technical expertise to support the achievement of monthly
sales and revenue goals.
- Support a successful sales cycle by evaluating the status and
performance needs of current client networks and making
recommendations for improvement.
- Consult with prospective clients and grow key relationships
within national accounts by developing standard and non-standard
solutions that address client requirements.
- Develop unique product offerings through collaboration with
Network Engineering, Operations, Product and IT teams while serving
as the subject matter expert (SME) for data services providing
proof of concept and solutions.
- Entice clients by creating technical and product presentations,
network designs and formal proposal responses for key decision
makers while providing regular communications.
- Drive the sales process by drafting strategic responses to
requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals
- Mitigate risks by complying with state, federal and company
policies and procedures for all projects.
- Continuously improve product offerings by researching industry
knowledge and emerging technology trends.
- Develop key sales skills by attending sales meetings and
participating in training sessions.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
assigned.Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of telecommunication networking or systems
- Proven experience selling to tier one and tier two
- Strong knowledge of data layer two networking communications,
IP security strategies, Converging technologies and Broadband.
- Experience with internet protocol virtual private network
(IP-VPN), dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM), multi-protocol
layer switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN service (VPLS), Metro
Ethernet, DIA, optical/wave solutions, IP transit, LAN/WAN
integration and software defined networking (SDN) and network
functions virtualization (NFV) concepts.
- Familiar with complex layer two Ethernet networks, including
Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standard E-Access, E-LINE and E-LAN,
MPLS, dedicated internet access, IP transit and optical
- Skilled at networking across departments and working
effectively with boundary partners.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
change within a team environment.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Valid driver's license, a safe driving record and availability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Five or more years of field experience in pre-sales in
telecommunications or cable industry.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper and Adva network equipment.
- Positive attitude and confident when presenting technical
information to high-level clients.
- Solid issue resolution skills.
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently.
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite.Your education:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related
field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and
- Certification from Cisco, Juniper or ALU (preferred).
- Metro Ethernet Forum Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional
(MEF-CECP) (preferred).SEN235 312903-2 312903BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Springfield , Sales Engineer II Carrier Access, Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Ballwin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!