Company: Collinsville Community Unit School District
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Collinsville High School
05/23/2023 CERTIFIED ADMINISTRATION VACANCY
2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL - COLLINSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
Job Classification: Administration
Work Year: 12 months
Salary: Regionally competitive and based on experience
Supervises: Certified and Non-certified staff
Start date: July 1, 2023 (2023-2024 school year)
- Applicant must hold a valid Illinois administrative license in
- Demonstrated successfull teaching and leadership experience,
preferably at the high school level
- Advanced skills relating to staff supervision and program
- Lead the development of the course guide and master
- Responsible for professional development and professional
- Oversee District and State Assessments for Collinsville High
- Lead grades 7-12 vertical articulation for the District.
- Coordinate the PLC schedule and meetings with Department
- Coordinate the day-to-day supervision and operation of the
school with the principal or individually in the principal's
- Work in a cooperative manner with students, parents, and staff
members to promote and provide leadership for the school's
- Maintain student discipline in the building, on the school
grounds and on the buses to ensure the safety and welfare of
students, staff and the school facility.
- Provide the best educational program possible by supervising
and evaluating certified and non-certified staff.
- Attend after-school and evening activities to provide the
supervision necessary for participants and spectators.
- Maintain a high standard of ethics in all professional
- Participate in staff meetings and other in-service training
- Attend conferences, workshops, and administrators' academies in
order to improve professional knowledge and stay abreast of current
trends or innovative concepts in education.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis and dissemination of
various forms of data for the purpose of school improvement work at
Collinsville High School.
- Perform other duties as assigned by District administration
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer
- Sitting or standing for extended period of time.
- Occasional reaching, kneeling and bending.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials.
- Lifting and carrying of supplies and materials up to 15
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, noisy and distracting
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Ability to perform CPI restraints if necessary. JOB APPLICATION
Interested candidates must complete and submit the following
required information by May 23, 2023 to be considered for this
position: Online Submission
- Completed online application.
- Cover letter. The cover letter may be uploaded through the
online application process.
- Resume. The resume may be uploaded through the online
Additional Documentation Required
- 3 Letters of reference. The reference letters may be uploaded
through the online application process.
- Transcripts from all colleges and/or universities from which
you graduated with a bachelor's degree or higher. Unofficial
transcripts will be accepted for the initial screening of
- Copies of all current certifications held (teaching,
administration, etc.). Upload through the online application
- Completed writing sample narrative (see below). Upload through
the online application process. Writing Sample Narrative
Individuals interested in the position of Assistant Principal at
Collinsville High School are required to respond to the following
questions in less than two double spaced pages as part of the
Directions: Please compose and type a narrative that addresses the
- Describe your experience working with high school
- Describe your experience working with curriculum and
- Describe the steps that you would take during your first
semester as an assistant principal at Collinsville High School.
All materials should be uploaded through the application site by
May 23rd, 2023.
Keywords: Collinsville Community Unit School District, Springfield , Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Collinsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...