Deputy Marketing Director
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description:Looking for an opportunity to make
an impact? Leidos, the implementer for Ameren Illinois'
award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Deputy Marketing
Director. The Deputy Marketing Director's primary responsibility is
to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and Outreach
Team. Under the leadership of the Marketing Director and in
collaboration with the program management teams, the Deputy
Marketing Director will lead marketing and outreach team members in
their daily efforts to develop integrated marketing initiatives,
build brand awareness, encourage participation in the energy
efficiency programs, and help to achieve energy savings goals. In
addition, this position will play a critical role in market
development efforts and community engagement tactics across the
Ameren Illinois service territory. This role will directly manage a
talented group of marketing and outreach professionals while also
assisting the Marketing Director in overseeing several
subcontractors' activities.Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos
believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to
the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is
Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the
Ameren Illinois service territory
(roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois
service territory includes several large to mid-size communities
such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal,
Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield,
Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and
Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville,
Alton, Collinsville).If this sounds like the kind of environment
where you can thrive, keep reading!Responsibilities:
- Assist in leading the development and execution of bold,
creative, and integrated marketing initiatives for the programs to
meet performance goals cost-effectively while leveraging both
traditional and non-traditional strategies and tactics.
- Assist in the development of annual marketing plans with
additional information on key initiatives and project
- Support the Marketing Director with contract development and
execution for crucial marketing suppliers and vendors.
- Assist in providing final review and quality control of all
marketing collateral for consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in developing scopes of work and budgets with key
marketing suppliers and vendors.
- Coordinate and lead the planning efforts for significant
outreach events to ensure a successful engagement with customers
and program partners.
- Participate in regular team, program leadership, and client
meetings to ensure the department meets the program and takes the
- Support the marketing budget management and track all
associated expenses to maximize communication efforts and optimize
- Create and track project timelines, action items, and budgets
as assigned to ensure marketing projects and tasks are completed on
time and within budget.
- Assist with organizations, vendors, and internal groups to
develop joint promotions to maximize marketing communications reach
- Enforce brand standards to ensure consistency of brand
messaging and corporate voice.
- Manage team and provide regular updates to Marketing
Director.Required Education, Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelor---s degree in Marketing or related field; advanced
- 6+ years of work experience in marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of project management experience; 4+ years
of energy efficiency industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated capability and success in the development and
execution of integrated marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and
entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative development skills.
- Experience with developing marketing plans and adapting
strategies to meet organizational needs.
- Exceptional organizational, management, and interpersonal
skills, including effectively managing a diverse marketing
- Can-do attitude, will to succeed, and desire to learn new
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality, and
- Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering unparalleled
customer service to the client.
- Experience with managing budgets, record-keeping, and
- College level math and English skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Keywords: Leidos, Springfield , Deputy Marketing Director, Advertising , Quincy, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!