Cloud Deployment Solutions Workday Senior Project Manager - U.S. Virtual
Company: Alight Solutions
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a
people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight
Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day
by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we
Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life
for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years
of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of
our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner
technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and
benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us
reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
AS A CLOUD DEPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS WORKDAY SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, A
TYPICAL DAY TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual
responsibilities and enforcing accountability, developing and
maintaining a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of
project. Maintain standard project management documentation and
metrics with limited direction. Work directly with internal and
external client counterpart, other project leads, and ongoing
operations to deliver successful implementation and manage
* Manages Workday implementations through all life cycles
* Execute Project Plan: Execute the tasks as defined in the project
plan in order to achieve the project
goals. * Communicates: Provides information to others both internal
and external to the organization; represents the organization to
customers and other external sources.
* Monitor and Control Project Work: Measure project performance
using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of
the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required
corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Manage Project Scope: Manage changes to the project scope,
schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to
keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of
authorized changes as defined in the change management plan;
facilitate customer acceptance.
* Communicate Project Plan: Ensure a common understanding by
setting expectations regarding the project plan to align the
stakeholders and team members. Implement approved actions and
workarounds to mitigate project risks in order to minimize the
impact on the project.
* Client Relationship: Establishes and maintains client
relationships. Communicates feedback to leadership as
* Obtain Project Approval From Customer: Obtain project plan
approval from the customer.
* Execute Resource Allocation Plan: Manage resource allocation
proactively by ensuring that appropriate resources and tools are
assigned according to the project plan.
* Close Contractual Obligations: Formalize final acceptance for the
project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered
product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables lists,
scope, and any organizational procedures.
* Measure Customer Satisfaction: Measure customer satisfaction at
the end of the project by capturing customer feedback using
appropriate techniques to gain, maintain, and improve customer
* Celebrates Accomplishments: Celebrates, either formally or
informally, the accomplishment of goals.
* Engages Others: Engages others in the attainment of the vision
for the future. Influences others by enthusiastically sharing the
future vision as a means for them to attain their goals.
* Contributes to the overall team: Contributes to knowledge
management capital through activities such as sharing documented
lessons learned, documented deliverables, and facilitation of
Workday Wednesday Workshops.
* Understands quality: Understands quality standards for own work
and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE OF:
* 5 to 7 plus years previous program/project management experience
required including scope and requirements definition, problem
solving and process improvements in current Internet-based
* Experience leading a project implementation of Workday,
PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or similar applications.
* Experience leading and participating in technical and
* Previous functional/technical HCM, Payroll and Financials
deployment experience either as an internal consultant or with a
* Proficiency with MS Project.
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and
strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental
activities to strengthen skills and experience.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Travel up to 50%.
* If not already certified, must successfully pass Workday HCM
and/or Financials Core and PM training classes and retain Workday
* Workday Certified strongly preferred
* Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization -
both internal and external
* Strong interpersonal skills to support team building
* Ability to advocate a creative atmosphere, facilitates
entrepreneurial meetings, and envisions a final product and overall
market acceptance early in the design and/or development
* Ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results
through a win-win relationship
* Ability to establish alliances with other departments and
organizations by recognizing dependencies
* Awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize
those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process
* Ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and
developing the risk management plan
* Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work
styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates
enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team.
Seeks help from other team members as appropriate
* Represents the company and department in a positive and
* Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and
capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization
Bachelor s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Finance.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should
you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and
successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s
employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of
the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN
validation, education verification, employment verification, and
criminal check, search against global sanctions and government
watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug
test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks
are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and
sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal
treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or
other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or
domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, or any other legally protected characteristics or
conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we
take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment
qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans
Keywords: Alight Solutions, Springfield , Cloud Deployment Solutions Workday Senior Project Manager - U.S. Virtual, Accounting, Auditing , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!